Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP __ New.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geronimo, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Geronimo

    Geronimo Guest

    Geronimo, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Geronimo

    Mutlley Guest

    Geronimo <> wrote:

    >Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/default.aspx?prereq=true

    What a crock.

    I access this link with Opera and get.

    "To download the Windows Partner Pack applications, you must have
    Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. Click here to
    download the latest version of Internet Explorer."

    Microshit is still up to it's old tricks..
    Mutlley, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Geronimo

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:15:05 +1300, Mutlley wrote:

    > Geronimo <> wrote:
    >

    >>Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP
    >>
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/default.aspx?prereq=true
    >>

    > What a crock.
    >
    > I access this link with Opera and get.
    >
    > "To download the Windows Partner Pack applications, you must have
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. Click here to
    > download the latest version of Internet Explorer."
    >
    > Microshit is still up to it's old tricks..

    I get ¨This product is not supported under this Operating System.¨
    Bret, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Geronimo

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:22:18 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >> I get ¨This product is not supported under this Operating System.¨

    > using XP?

    No, Mandrake :)
    Bret, Oct 22, 2004
  6. Bret wrote:
    >>>I get ¨This product is not supported under this Operating System.¨

    >>using XP?

    > No, Mandrake :)

    and this surprises you why?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  7. Geronimo

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>using XP?

    >> No, Mandrake :)

    > and this surprises you why?

    As a system builder I have an interest in XP, what does that page want to
    do that it needs XP?
    Bret, Oct 22, 2004
  8. Geronimo

    AD. Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >> No, Mandrake :)

    > and this surprises you why?

    It's not surprising at all, just short sighted.

    I was curious as to what it was and what it did, but the web site refused
    to tell me. Even though I don't personally use XP, I support other XP
    users and install/recommend stuff for them.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 22, 2004
  9. Geronimo

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:48:08 +1300, AD. wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> No, Mandrake :)

    >> and this surprises you why?

    > It's not surprising at all, just short sighted.
    >
    > I was curious as to what it was and what it did, but the web site refused
    > to tell me. Even though I don't personally use XP, I support other XP
    > users and install/recommend stuff for them.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    Well Anton, does this encourage you to ditch your OS and switch to MS?
    I didnt think so :)
    Bret, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Geronimo

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:15:05 +1300, Mutlley wrote:

    > Geronimo <> wrote:
    >

    >>Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP
    >>
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/default.aspx?prereq=true
    >>

    > What a crock.
    >
    > I access this link with Opera and get.
    >
    > "To download the Windows Partner Pack applications, you must have
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. Click here to
    > download the latest version of Internet Explorer."
    >
    > Microshit is still up to it's old tricks..

    No they are being honset.Technically.

    NB we are still at version 5.01, and how the ^&%$ does MS operate on a
    better OS. And if one has a MS OS then they have MSIE yes?

    Yawn.
    Gordon, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Geronimo

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:22:16 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
    > websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands...

    Have anyone here heard of the www.w3.org? A orginisation which sets the
    standards which everyone should adhere to web browser/page wise.

    Frankly Max post had better be tounge in cheek.
    Gordon, Oct 22, 2004
  12. Geronimo

    Gordon Guest

    >>>using XP?

    >> No, Mandrake :)

    > and this surprises you why?

    Why do you think it suprises him?
    Gordon, Oct 22, 2004
  13. Geronimo

    Max Burke Guest

    > Mutlley scribbled:

    >> Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/default.aspx?prereq=true

    > What a crock.

    Not really....

    > I access this link with Opera and get.
    > "To download the Windows Partner Pack applications, you must have
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. Click here to
    > download the latest version of Internet Explorer."

    So use IE....

    > Microshit is still up to it's old tricks..

    Hardly....

    If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
    websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands...

    Couldn't be much simpler than that, could it.

    Just my .02c worth on more irrelevant whining and bitching about Microsoft.
    Dont you ever get tired of behaving like that in this newsgroup?

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Oct 22, 2004
  14. Geronimo

    Max Burke Guest

    Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

    > Frankly Max post had better be tounge in cheek.

    It's a straight forward response to the all too common stupid posts made in
    this newsgroup about Microsoft.

    If you choose to use a browser that cant view Microsofts websites then
    that's because of YOUR choice.
    Any problems YOU have because of the choice YOU made are YOUR problems NOT
    Microsoft's....

    If you want to View a Microsoft website (or any other website for that
    matter) and that website requires you to use IE to do so then that IS what
    you have to do.

    It's that simple.

    Or you could whine and bitch in nz.comp that Microsoft has to do what YOU
    demand they do, but there is no way in hell that you'll ever do anything
    that Microsoft asks you to do.

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Oct 22, 2004
  15. Geronimo

    ChrisOD Guest

    AD. wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >

    >>>No, Mandrake :)

    >>and this surprises you why?

    > It's not surprising at all, just short sighted.
    >
    > I was curious as to what it was and what it did, but the web site refused
    > to tell me. Even though I don't personally use XP, I support other XP
    > users and install/recommend stuff for them.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    for the curious but browserly challeged

    Games
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/superslyder.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/serpentine.htm

    Sharing (is caring?)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/photosite.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/timezone.htm

    AV
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/etrust.htm

    IE addons
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/google.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/gallery.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/onfolio.htm

    Stuff
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/ufd.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/paypal.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/partnerpack/desc/postit.htm

    I tried a few in firefox and they worked

    ChrisOD, Oct 22, 2004
  16. Geronimo

    Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:22:16 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
    > websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands.

    "Compliance" to view a website should be to the published W3C standard -
    not to some pro M$ bullshit.

    Divine

    --
    Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
    Service Pack 2."
  17. Geronimo

    Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:07:33 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

    Does the sun shine 24 hours a day?

    Divine

    --
    Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
    Service Pack 2."
    , Oct 22, 2004
  18. Geronimo

    Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:07:33 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

    > If you want to View a Microsoft website (or any other website for that
    > matter) and that website requires you to use IE to do so then that IS what
    > you have to do.
    >
    > It's that simple.

    If a website designer is *so* moronically stupid that s/he creates a
    website that is only viewable using ONE specific browser, than that
    website designer is seriously banged in the head - has seriously addled
    brains - is not interested in encouraging people to browser his/her
    website(s).

    Divine

  19. wrote:
    >>Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

    > Does the sun shine 24 hours a day?

    yes actually. and it has done for quite some time.
    but that doesnt answer his question, unless you're saying that all other
    browsers do comply?

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  20. wrote:
    > If a website designer is *so* moronically stupid that s/he creates a
    > website that is only viewable using ONE specific browser, than that
    > website designer is seriously banged in the head - has seriously addled
    > brains - is not interested in encouraging people to browser his/her
    > website(s).

    so how much does it have to work before you consider it working?
    there are so many quirks with each browser that it just seems kinda
    pointless to argue things like this.

    I think that if you can read the text, and see the images, then a little
    incorrect formatting can be forgiven.

    Mozilla suite and firefox arent perfect, neither is Opera, neither is
    IE, neither is "insert_browser_name_here".

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004