    Any advice?
    Regards
    AD
    AD, Dec 16, 2005

  2. AD

    Noel Paton Guest

    "AD" <> wrote in message
    news:V5wof.74427$...
    > In mail option in Microsoft Outlook [Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735)
    > SP3] i have selected the tracking option (delivery receipt only).
    > When the recipient receives your message you should get a notification and
    > also on the original message in the sent folder, should be a "Tracking
    > Tab".
    > However I cannot see the tab at all.
    > Any advice?
    > Regards
    > AD

    IIRC, the delivery tracking is only valid if you're linked to an Exchange
    server, and the email is to someone on the same LAN/WAN - while read
    tracking is available over the internet.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Dec 16, 2005

  3. AD

    AD Guest

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > "AD" <> wrote in message
    >> In mail option in Microsoft Outlook [Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735)
    >> SP3] i have selected the tracking option (delivery receipt only).
    >> When the recipient receives your message you should get a notification and
    >> also on the original message in the sent folder, should be a "Tracking
    >> Tab".
    >> However I cannot see the tab at all.
    >> Any advice?
    >> Regards
    >> AD

    > IIRC, the delivery tracking is only valid if you're linked to an Exchange
    > server, and the email is to someone on the same LAN/WAN - while read
    > tracking is available over the internet.

    Thanks.... that would be why!!!
    Cheers
    AD
    AD, Dec 16, 2005
  4. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dnui12$iu5$-infra.bt.com,
    Noel Paton spewed forth:
    > "AD" <> wrote in message
    >> In mail option in Microsoft Outlook [Microsoft Outlook 2002
    >> (10.6515.6735) SP3] i have selected the tracking option (delivery
    >> receipt only). When the recipient receives your message you should get a
    >> notification and also on the original message in the sent folder,
    >> should be a "Tracking Tab".
    >> However I cannot see the tab at all.
    >> Any advice?
    >> Regards
    >> AD

    > IIRC, the delivery tracking is only valid if you're linked to an
    > Exchange server, and the email is to someone on the same LAN/WAN -
    > while read tracking is available over the internet.

    Hi, Noel!

    While we're on the subject of Exchange Servers <g>

    I have a small network I administer remotely. I have any email coming in to
    me there forwarded (by a rule in Outlook). That email then ends up in the
    deleted items folder.

    Is there any way to make Outlook automatically empty the deleted items?

    (In my office we use Groupwise. I can set the deleted items folder options
    to remove items that are over 7 days old. I haven't been able to figure out
    how to do this in Outlook.)

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2005
  5. AD

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:dnui12$iu5$-infra.bt.com,
    > Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >> "AD" <> wrote in message
    >>> In mail option in Microsoft Outlook [Microsoft Outlook 2002
    >>> (10.6515.6735) SP3] i have selected the tracking option (delivery
    >>> receipt only). When the recipient receives your message you should get a
    >>> notification and also on the original message in the sent folder,
    >>> should be a "Tracking Tab".
    >>> However I cannot see the tab at all.
    >>> Any advice?
    >>> Regards
    >>> AD

    >> IIRC, the delivery tracking is only valid if you're linked to an
    >> Exchange server, and the email is to someone on the same LAN/WAN -
    >> while read tracking is available over the internet.

    > Hi, Noel!
    >
    > While we're on the subject of Exchange Servers <g>
    >
    > I have a small network I administer remotely. I have any email coming in
    > to me there forwarded (by a rule in Outlook). That email then ends up in
    > the deleted items folder.
    >
    > Is there any way to make Outlook automatically empty the deleted items?
    >
    > (In my office we use Groupwise. I can set the deleted items folder options
    > to remove items that are over 7 days old. I haven't been able to figure
    > out how to do this in Outlook.)

    Simply change the rule to delete the forwarded email??? (dunno- never needed
    to try it!)

    You could try posting the question to
    microsoft.public.outlook
    and see what they have to say? - it *may* depend on the version of OL or
    Exchange you're using.

    Noel Paton, Dec 16, 2005
  6. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dnv9dj$hg3$-infra.bt.com,
    Noel Paton spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    <Snip>

    >> I have a small network I administer remotely. I have any email
    >> coming in to me there forwarded (by a rule in Outlook). That email
    >> then ends up in the deleted items folder.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to make Outlook automatically empty the deleted
    >> items? (In my office we use Groupwise. I can set the deleted items folder
    >> options to remove items that are over 7 days old. I haven't been
    >> able to figure out how to do this in Outlook.)
    >>

    > Simply change the rule to delete the forwarded email??? (dunno- never
    > needed to try it!)

    The rules dialog box only allow one step (move, copy, forward, or delete).
    In Groupwise, when I add a step (forward), it extends the rule to allow
    another step (delete) and is really cool. Much more flexible/powerful.

    > You could try posting the question to
    > microsoft.public.outlook
    > and see what they have to say? - it *may* depend on the version of OL
    > or Exchange you're using.

    Thanks - I think I'll try that. My news server doesn't have that group, so
    I'll have to look elsewhere...there must be a web interface for that.

    I'm using Outlook 2003 that came with Windows Server 2003 SBE Premium. Since
    I don't go in to that office much, I'm accessing Outlook via the web
    interface. Really cool feature, by the way!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2005
  7. AD

    > In news:dnv9dj$hg3$-infra.bt.com,
    > Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > <Snip>
    >
    >>> I have a small network I administer remotely. I have any email
    >>> coming in to me there forwarded (by a rule in Outlook). That email
    >>> then ends up in the deleted items folder.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to make Outlook automatically empty the deleted
    >>> items? (In my office we use Groupwise. I can set the deleted items
    >>> folder
    >>> options to remove items that are over 7 days old. I haven't been
    >>> able to figure out how to do this in Outlook.)
    >>>

    >> Simply change the rule to delete the forwarded email??? (dunno- never
    >> needed to try it!)

    > The rules dialog box only allow one step (move, copy, forward, or delete).
    > In Groupwise, when I add a step (forward), it extends the rule to allow
    > another step (delete) and is really cool. Much more flexible/powerful.
    >
    >> You could try posting the question to
    >> microsoft.public.outlook
    >> and see what they have to say? - it *may* depend on the version of OL
    >> or Exchange you're using.

    > Thanks - I think I'll try that. My news server doesn't have that group, so
    > I'll have to look elsewhere...there must be a web interface for that.
    >
    > I'm using Outlook 2003 that came with Windows Server 2003 SBE Premium.
    > Since I don't go in to that office much, I'm accessing Outlook via the web
    > interface. Really cool feature, by the way!

    You can subscribe direct to the MS news server -

    (be warned - there's 54000 posts on there at present!)

    (or you can use the totally abysmal CDO interface for the MS newsgroups
    <ptui!> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx - requires a
    Passport login)

    Noel Paton, Dec 16, 2005
  8. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dnvca0$skl$-infra.bt.com,
    Noel Paton spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:dnv9dj$hg3$-infra.bt.com,
    >> Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >> <Snip>

    >>> Simply change the rule to delete the forwarded email??? (dunno-
    >>> never needed to try it!)

    >> The rules dialog box only allow one step (move, copy, forward, or
    >> delete). In Groupwise, when I add a step (forward), it extends the
    >> rule to allow another step (delete) and is really cool. Much more
    >> flexible/powerful.
    >>> You could try posting the question to
    >>> microsoft.public.outlook
    >>> and see what they have to say? - it *may* depend on the version of
    >>> OL or Exchange you're using.

    >> Thanks - I think I'll try that. My news server doesn't have that
    >> group, so I'll have to look elsewhere...there must be a web
    >> interface for that. I'm using Outlook 2003 that came with Windows Server
    >> 2003 SBE
    >> Premium. Since I don't go in to that office much, I'm accessing
    >> Outlook via the web interface. Really cool feature, by the way!
    >>

    > You can subscribe direct to the MS news server -

    > (be warned - there's 54000 posts on there at present!)
    >
    > (or you can use the totally abysmal CDO interface for the MS
    > newsgroups <ptui!>
    > http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx - requires a
    > Passport login)

    Heh heh <g>! Not knowing that I could get access to their news server
    directly, I did the web interface (already have a Hotmail acct, so the
    Passport login was no problem.) Diane has already suggested "autoarchive"
    but I haven't been able to locate any settings for that in the remote (web
    access) interface. So I may need to drop in at that office. I should
    anyway - I have an upgrade component for the UPS that I need to install.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2005
  9. AD

    > In news:dnvca0$skl$-infra.bt.com,
    > Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:dnv9dj$hg3$-infra.bt.com,
    >>> Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> <Snip>

    >>> The rules dialog box only allow one step (move, copy, forward, or
    >>> delete). In Groupwise, when I add a step (forward), it extends the
    >>> rule to allow another step (delete) and is really cool. Much more
    >>> flexible/powerful.

    FWIW, I just checked, and in my OL2003, it's possible to forward and delete
    an email in one rule - don't see why you can't???

    Noel Paton, Dec 17, 2005
  10. AD

    > In news:dnvca0$skl$-infra.bt.com,
    > Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:dnv9dj$hg3$-infra.bt.com,
    >>> Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >>>
    >>> <Snip>

    >>> The rules dialog box only allow one step (move, copy, forward, or
    >>> delete). In Groupwise, when I add a step (forward), it extends the
    >>> rule to allow another step (delete) and is really cool. Much more
    >>> flexible/powerful.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks - I think I'll try that. My news server doesn't have that
    >>> group, so I'll have to look elsewhere...there must be a web
    >>> interface for that. I'm using Outlook 2003 that came with Windows Server
    >>> 2003 SBE
    >>> Premium. Since I don't go in to that office much, I'm accessing
    >>> Outlook via the web interface. Really cool feature, by the way!
    >>>

    >> You can subscribe direct to the MS news server -

    >> (be warned - there's 54000 posts on there at present!)
    >>
    >> (or you can use the totally abysmal CDO interface for the MS
    >> newsgroups <ptui!>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx - requires a
    >> Passport login)

    > Heh heh <g>! Not knowing that I could get access to their news server
    > directly, I did the web interface (already have a Hotmail acct, so the
    > Passport login was no problem.) Diane has already suggested "autoarchive"
    > but I haven't been able to locate any settings for that in the remote (web
    > access) interface. So I may need to drop in at that office. I should
    > anyway - I have an upgrade component for the UPS that I need to install.

    Got a link for me? - I'm kinda curious myself, now!

    Noel Paton, Dec 17, 2005
  11. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:do0p2e$bit$-infra.bt.com,
    Noel Paton spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:dnvca0$skl$-infra.bt.com,
    >> Noel Paton spewed forth:
    >>> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > FWIW, I just checked, and in my OL2003, it's possible to forward and
    > delete an email in one rule - don't see why you can't???

    This is Outlook Web Access, since I'm not in the local office. I'm thinking
    I should drop into the office instead of connecting via the remote access
    and see if things are different.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2005
  12. AD

    Toolman Tim Guest