    registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
    windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
    compromising all my other programs etc.

    glennis, Feb 11, 2008

  2. glennis

    Theo Guest

    1st. You are in the wrong forum. This is for 64-bit Windows.

    2nd. You need to look for the a Windows 2000 forum,
    microsoft.public.win2000.general might be a good start.

    Theo, Feb 11, 2008

  3. Outlook is an Office program, not XP. If you are using Office 2000 then
    that is likely the disc that is requested. Or are you calling Outlook
    Express by the wrong name?

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 11, 2008
  4. glennis

    glennis Guest

    no it;s definately microsoft outlook 2000 however i do have an office xp
    installation disk that i'm not sure has been installed on that pc. The pc
    has office installed on it but it may be the previous version which was 2000
    professional. do you think i can just i nstall the office xp program and
    that will solve the problem?
    thanks by the way i appreciate your response

    glennis, Feb 11, 2008
  5. glennis

    glennis Guest

    hey colin i did install the xp office software and the problem got solved
    thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. It makes sense I
    just didnt make the connection that the officexp software wouldnt have
    automatically been loaded when the operating system was changed. thanks
    again

    glennis, Feb 11, 2008
  6. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 11, 2008
  7. glennis

    Tom Lake Guest

    "glennis" <> wrote in message
    > no it;s definately microsoft outlook 2000 however i do have an office xp
    > installation disk that i'm not sure has been installed on that pc. The pc
    > has office installed on it but it may be the previous version which was 2000
    > professional. do you think i can just i nstall the office xp program and
    > that will solve the problem?
    > thanks by the way i appreciate your response

    Microsoft did it again with their wacky naming scheme. Office XP indeed!

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Feb 12, 2008