    I am recovering files from the crashed drive and need to know how to locate
    the file that contains the information for the microsoft outlook contacts.
    Any help will be appreciated

    Kevin Buthorn, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Kevin Buthorn

    °Mike° Guest

    Backing up and restoring Microsoft Outlook 2000 data
    http://www.bcentral.co.uk/technology/office/tips/outlook/OutlookBackup.asp

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:47:43 GMT, in
    <zF_Sb.168694$>
    Kevin Buthorn scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Kevin Buthorn

    Dan Shea Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:47:43 GMT, "Kevin Buthorn" <>
    wrote:

    >I run Windows XP and my hard disk crashed
    >I reinstalled Windows XP and Microsoft Office on a new hard drive/
    >I am recovering files from the crashed drive and need to know how to locate
    >the file that contains the information for the microsoft outlook contacts.
    >Any help will be appreciated

    You need to find the .PST file that your Outlook data was stored in on
    the old computer. Do a search for all files *.PST on that old drive,
    and copy all the files you find to the new drive. You can then import
    them using the normal Outook method of importing from a PST file.

    Cheers,
    dan

    danshea at yahoo dot com

    Dan Shea, Feb 1, 2004