    I have seen the Exam Guide for this book but don't want the exam book I want
    a book that teaches you about Course 2151.

    Matthew

    Matthew Hawkins, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Matthew Hawkins

    AKAChicago Guest

    IMHO MS curriculum is not the best of self training books. I have used them
    in the past have there is a definate disconnect between the exam and the
    material present. This in not to say hat other vendors do not miss the point
    at points though. Sybex books are popular for study materials. Trail
    software can be downloaded from the MS website. If this is not an option,
    then the MS books are great since most of the time they contain trial
    software on CD.

    As far as the tests are concerned, one book will not make the bank anyways.
    You will need to go to the MS website and find te requirements for the exam.
    There will be an outline provided. Work from that outline to ensure that you
    have all subject material covered. There is also Technet available online
    from MS which has the resource manuals availabe for the software.
    "Matthew Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I live in Australia and I am wanting to know if I can buy the Microsoft
    > Official Curriculum straight from Microsoft Australia for my personal use

    so
    > I can do abit of self-study before I do the course
    >
    > And can any body please tell me what Training Kit / Book has information

    on
    > Course 2151 Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System & Networking

    Essentails.

    AKAChicago, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Matthew Hawkins

    ulhas Guest

    Microsoft having there own MOC the course 2151.you can
    contact on mail .

    ulhas, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Hi Matthew,

    Only authorized training providers can purchase MOC kits directly. MOC isn't
    written for self-study; it's intended to be facilitated by an instructor in
    a classroom where you can work with the product hands-on. (That's not to say
    that you can't learn from it without an instructor, only that you need to
    understand that it isn't a self-study product.)

    Course 2151 (combined with other courses) helps prepare you for Exams
    70-210/215/216. The corresponding Training Kit is MCSE Self-Paced Training
    Kit: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Core Requirements, Second Edition, Exams
    70-210, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217
    (http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6119.asp)

    --
    Jeanie Decker
    Microsoft Learning

    Jeanie Decker \(MS\), Jan 14, 2004
  5. MCAD
    *********************
    70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

    70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-229 - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server
    2000, Enterprise Edition

    Examenes para C SHARP

    70-315 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with C# and Microsoft
    Visual Studio .NET
    Or
    70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with C# and
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
    *********************
    MCSD.NET
    *********************
    Todos obligatorios
    70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-306 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-310 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-300 - Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solution Architectures
    (February 2003)
    70-229 - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server
    2000, Enterprise Edition
    70-315 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with C# and Microsoft
    Visual Studio .NET
    70-316 - Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with C# and
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    70-320 - Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
    Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
    ---------------------
    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams
    70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300
    ISBN: 0735619255
    ---------------------
    70-310 - BUILDING XML WEB SERVICES FOR THE MICROSOFT .NET PLATFORM
    ISBN 0735614067
    ---------------------
    MCAD/MCSD Training Kit: Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET
    ISBN: 0735615845
    ---------------------
    MCAD/MCSD C# (r) .NET (tm) Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (Exams
    70-315, 70-316, 70-320)
    ISBN: 0072224436
    ---------------------
    Microsoft® ASP.NET Step by Step
    ISBN 0735612870
    ---------------------
    MICROSOFT ADO.NET
    ISBN 844813639X
    ---------------------
    Building Web Solutions with ASP.NET and ADO.NET
    ISBN 0735615780
    ---------------------
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by Step with CDROM
    ISBN 0735612897
    ---------------------
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step with CDROM
    ISBN 0735613745
    ---------------------
    OOP with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by
    Step
    ISBN 0735615683
    ---------------------
    Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Deluxe Learning Edition
    ISBN 0735616345
    ---------------------
    Microsoft ASP.Net Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .Net Delux
    Learning Edition
    ISBN 0735618143
    ---------------------
    Programming Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Microsoft Visual Basic .Net with
    CDROM
    ISBN 0735615357
    ---------------------
    DEVELOPING WINDOWS-BASED APPLICATIONS (MCAD/MCSD 70-306/316)
    ISBN 0735615330
    ---------------------
    Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
    ISBN 073561637x
    *********************
    MCDBA SQL Server 2000
    *********************
    70-228 (Obligatorio - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition)
    70-229 (Obligatorio - Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft
    SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition)
    70-215 (Obligatorio - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Server)
    70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    70-175 (Obligatorio - Este mismo se rinde para MCSD - Designing and
    Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0)
    70-305 - Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
    Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    ---------------------
    MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
    ISBN 0072131586
    ---------------------
    MCSE WINDOWS 2000 SERVER EXAMEN 70-215
    ISBN 8448131584
    ---------------------
    MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (Exam 70-270)
    ISBN 0735614296
    ---------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL KIT DE RECURSOS
    ISBN 8448136136
    ---------------------
    70-175 - Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0
    ISBN 0735608334
    *********************
    MCSA.NET windows 2003
    *********************
    70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Network Infrastructure
    70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    Enterprise Edition
    CompTIA Exams:
    The following third-party certification combinations may substitute for an
    MCSA elective as an alternative to the electives listed above:
    CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+
    ---------------------
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a
    Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Environment
    ISBN 0735614377
    ---------------------
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and
    Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    ISBN 07356-1439-3
    ---------------------
    MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (Exam 70-270)
    ISBN 0735614296
    ---------------------
    MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
    ISBN 0072131586
    ---------------------
    Introducing Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Inglés)
    ISBN: 0-7356-1570-5 (Inglés)
    ---------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2003 MANUAL AVANZADO
    En Stock. Despacho en 24 horas
    ISBN 8441515689
    ---------------------
    Active Directory® Services for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Technical
    Reference (Inglés)
    ISBN: 0-7356-1577-2 (Inglés)
    ISBN: 84-481-3954-2 (Español)
    ---------------------
    Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 Deployment Kit (Inglés)
    ISBN: 0-7356-1486-5 (Inglés)
    ISBN: 84-481-3956-9 (Español)
    ---------------------
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Securitiy Administrator's Companion (Inglés)
    ISBN: 0-7356-1574-8 (Inglés)
    ISBN: 84-481-3957-7 (Español)
    ---------------------
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 TCP/IP Protocols and Services Technical
    Referente
    ISBN: 0-7356-1291-9
    ISBN: 84-481-3809-7
    *********************
    MCSE.NET windows 2003
    *********************
    70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Network Infrastructure
    70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    Infrastructure
    70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
    70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and
    Network Infrastructure
    70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    Enterprise Edition
    *********************
    MCSD VS 6
    *********************
    Examen 70-175/70-176 (Obligatorios)
    Exam 70-229 (Obligatorio)
    Examen 70-100 (Obligatorio)
    ---------------------
    70-176 - DESKTOP APPS FOR VISUAL BASIC 6 MCSD TRAINING KIT
    ISBN 073560620X
    --------------------
    70-175 - Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Ms VB 6.0
    ISBN 0735608334
    ---------------------
    MCDBA SQL SERVER 2000 (70-228 / 70-229)
    ISBN 0072131586
    ---------------------
    ANALYZING REQUIREMENTS & DEFINING SOLUTION ARCHIT MCSD (70-100)
    ISBN 0735608547
    *********************
    MCSA Windows 2000
    *********************
    70-210 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE)
    70-215 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE y MCDBA)
    70-216 (obligatorio - Implementing & Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000
    Network Infraestructure)
    70-218 (Obligatorio)
    70-228 (Obligatorio, este mismo se rinde para MCSE, MCSD y MCDBA -
    Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
    Enterprise Edition)
    ---------------------
    OBLIGATORIO
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL CURSO MCSE 70-210
    ISBN 8448128885
    ---------------------
    70-210 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL
    ISBN 8448131592
    ---------------------
    OBLIGATORIO
    70-215 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 SERVER EXAMEN
    ISBN 8448131584
    ----------------------
    OPCIONAL
    70-216 - MCSE WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK ADMINISTRATION EXAMEN
    ISBN 8448131606
    ----------------------
    OBLIGATORIO
    70-218 - Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment (disponible
    en enero de 2002)
    ----------------------
    OBLIGATORIO
    70-228 - MCSE MS SQL SERVER 2000 ADMINISTRATION
    ISBN 0735612501
    ----------------------
    70-275-Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows .NET
    Server (disponible en 2003)
    *********************
    Requisitos para la certificación MCSE para Microsoft Windows 2000
    *********************
    70-210 (Obligatorio)
    70-215 (Obligatorio, estos mismos examenes se rinden en MCDBA)
    70-216 (Obligatorio)
    70-217 (Obligatorio) *
    70-220 (Obligatorio)
    70-228/70-229 (Obligatorio, estos mismos examenes se rinden en MCDBA y MCSD)
    ---------------------
    OBLIGATORIOS PARA WINDOWS .NET SERVER
    70-270 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
    70-275 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
    70-276 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
    70-277 (No obligatorio hasta el 2003)
    ---------------------
    MCSE WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL EXAMEN 70-210
    ISBN 8448131592
    ----------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 SERVER CURSO MCSE 70-215
    ISBN 8448129040
    -----------------------
    70-218 - Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment (disponible
    en enero de 2002)
    -----------------------
    MCSE WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK ADMINISTRATION EXAMEN 70-216
    ISBN 8448131606
    ----------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 ACTIVE DIRECTORY SERVICES CURS MCSE 70-217
    ISBN 8448128893
    ----------------------
    MCSE DESIGNING MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 NETWORK SECURITY (70-220)
    ISBN 0735613656
    ----------------------
    MCSE MS SQL SERVER 2000 DATABASE AND IMPLEMENTATION (70-229)
    ISBN 073561251X
    ----------------------
    MCSE MS EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER ADMINISTRATION (EXAM 70-224)
    ISBN 0735612439
    ----------------------
    MCSE MS EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER DESIGN AND DEPLOYMENT (70-225)
    ISBN 0735612579
    ----------------------
    ASI ES MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000 SERVER EDICION PROFESIONAL
    ISBN 8448128605
    ----------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL
    ISBN 8448133374
    ----------------------
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL KIT DE RECURSOS
    ISBN 8448136136
    ---------------------
    70-276-Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows .NET Server
    Network Infrastructure (disponible en 2002)
    ----------------------
    COMPTIA
    ----------------------
    FUNDAMENTOS DE REDES PLUS CURSO OFICIAL DE CERTIFICACION MCSE (70-058 y
    CompTIA Network+)
    ISBN 8448128168
    NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT (EXAM N10-002)
    ISBN 0735614563
    SERVER+ CERTIFICATION TRAINING KIT (EXAM SK0-001)
    ISBN 0735612722

    Franco Figún, Jan 15, 2004