Microsoft office XP Activation

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. In article <HU%Ce.1618$>, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:
    >I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
    >computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
    >Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
    >popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
    >process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
    >already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
    >customer support.


    >Any Ideas Guys?


    Contact customer support perhaps like it says ? :)

    Bruce

    ----------------------------------------
    I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
    people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
    only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

    Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett

    Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    (if there were any)
     
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 19, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Bruce Sinclair

    Krazy Bob Guest

    I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
    computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
    Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
    popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
    process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
    already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
    customer support.

    Any Ideas Guys?
    TIA

    Krazy Bob
     
    Krazy Bob, Jul 19, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:HU%Ce.1618$...
    >I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
    >computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
    > Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
    > popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
    > process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
    > already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
    > customer support.
    >
    > Any Ideas Guys?
    > TIA
    >
    > Krazy Bob
    >. Did you take a backup?


    Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need your
    product key or something like that.

    This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
    and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
    to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
    software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally.
     
    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 19, 2005
    #3
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    Geoff M Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:13:21 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > In article <HU%Ce.1618$>, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
    >>computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
    >>Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
    >>popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
    >>process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
    >>already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
    >>customer support.

    >
    >>Any Ideas Guys?

    >
    > Contact customer support perhaps like it says ? :)
    >
    > Bruce
    >
    > ----------------------------------------
    > I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
    > people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
    > only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
    >
    > Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett
    >
    > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > (if there were any)



    If customer "support" doesn't help, there are plenty of cracks around. Why
    should have to crack legit software becasue of their lame and obnoxious
    protection system is a rant for another day. Suffice to say - BTDT.
    Geoff
     
    Geoff M, Jul 19, 2005
    #4
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    Richard Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need your
    > product key or something like that.
    >
    > This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
    > and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
    > to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
    > software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally.


    I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at all they
    are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.
     
    Richard, Jul 19, 2005
    #5
  6. Bruce Sinclair

    David Butler Guest

    Just phone the 0800 number and tell them you've reinstalled it, they will
    give you a activation code to enter

    they will need the product key


    "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:HU%Ce.1618$...
    >I had MS office XP standard (teachers and students edition) installed on my
    >computer, had to reformat because windows wouldn't boot up.
    > Now that i've re-installed office again, i get the activation warning
    > popping up every time i fire up word...I follow throught the activation
    > process and get activation failed, according to our records, office has
    > already been activated, if you feel this is an error please contact our
    > customer support.
    >
    > Any Ideas Guys?
    > TIA
    >
    > Krazy Bob
    >
     
    David Butler, Jul 19, 2005
    #6
  7. Richard wrote:
    >> Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might
    >> need your product key or something like that.


    > I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at
    > all they are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.


    I heard about a guy who rang up with a legit albeit used code, said that
    activation kept failing, had to provide a whole heap of details, however
    , fake details were given, and new code was emailed to his gmail account...

    not saying that it is right, but just that it happened.
    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services
     
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 19, 2005
    #7
  8. In article <Nb0De.1622$>,
    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:

    >This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
    >and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
    >to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
    >software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally


    Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
    software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?

    (Just wondering whether Microsoft's presumption of piracy is more likely
    to be right than wrong...)
     
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 19, 2005
    #8
  9. Bruce Sinclair

    Richard Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <Nb0De.1622$>,
    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
    >>and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
    >>to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
    >>software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally

    >
    >
    > Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
    > software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?
    >
    > (Just wondering whether Microsoft's presumption of piracy is more likely
    > to be right than wrong...)


    When I was having issues because I used an nforce motherboard, I ended up
    reinstalling many times because certain combinations of drivers would leave it
    unable to even get into safe mode after a few crashes corrupted things up.

    I just called the 0800 number and they gave me a code to put into it. After that
    the next 5 or so online activations worked fine before I gave up and just used
    that machine without any nvidea drivers at all.
     
    Richard, Jul 19, 2005
    #9
  10. "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Just phone microsoft NZ, they should reissue a new code. You might need
    >> your product key or something like that.
    >>
    >> This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few
    >> times and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were
    >> unfortunate and had to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft
    >> could disable your software and call you a pirate even if you purchase
    >> the software legally.

    >
    > I have being advised that if they refuse to activate for any reason at all
    > they are treading on thin ice as far as selling a product.


    Anyone care to test this theory out :) I'd like to see what happens.
     
    news.xtra.co.nz, Jul 19, 2005
    #10
  11. In article <>, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >In article <Nb0De.1622$>,
    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote:
    >
    >>This fucking sucks about activation...you reinstall the software a few times
    >>and they treat you like a software pirate. say you were unfortunate and had
    >>to reinstall windows a few times, possibly microsoft could disable your
    >>software and call you a pirate even if you purchase the software legally

    >
    >Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
    >software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?
    >
    >(Just wondering whether Microsoft's presumption of piracy is more likely
    >to be right than wrong...)


    Any kind of assume is usually wrong and makes life harder than it needs to
    be. If they were serious about all this security stuff, they would have the
    guys in black suits turn up at your house to do every install :)





    Bruce

    ----------------------------------------
    I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good
    people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and
    only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

    Lord Vetinari in Guards ! Guards ! - Terry Pratchett

    Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    (if there were any)
     
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 19, 2005
    #11
  12. Bruce Sinclair

    PAM. Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message

    > Just an idle thought: how many people out there need to reinstall their
    > software more than once? Compared to how many genuine software pirates?


    Let's just test this piece of software. Let's test that one. Oh, there's
    another bit I'd like to try.
    All of a sudden, a pc/laptop with aload of crap on it. Uninstalls don't take
    out everything so you have all this shit on your pc still. Then there's the
    BSOD which starts with a strange iece of software added of a couple deleted
    and it goes on and on.
    FORMAT C:

    and it goes around.

    I used to reformat once a month. Now I hardly use windows. It's there just
    in case.

    But I'm tidier than most. I like things organised. even my desktop.

    PAM.
    who thinks his linux machine needs reorganising :)
     
    PAM., Jul 19, 2005
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jimmy Clay

    Microsoft Office Specialist Study Guide Office 2003 Edition

    Jimmy Clay, Sep 10, 2004, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,316
    Guest
    Sep 10, 2004
  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    <rant>stupid MS office activation

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    582
    Adder
    Feb 25, 2005
  3. Jonathan Walker
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    567
    Peter
    Aug 26, 2007
  4. Angel Eyes

    Microsoft Office Excell 2003 & Microsoft Office Word 2003

    Angel Eyes, May 19, 2008, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    917
    lynwood
    Jun 30, 2008
  5. Ron Rosenfeld

    Upgrade to W7 and Office activation

    Ron Rosenfeld, Oct 25, 2009, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    1,804
    Harry&amp;#39;s GMail World
    Oct 27, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page