    do I need to uninstall Office 2003?
    Will they co-exist together with no problems?
    Anyone tried this in Vista 64 Ultimate?

    Kue2, Jan 13, 2008

  2. When the Office 2007 Ultimate splash screen appears you will be offered an
    option to ugrade or do a custom installation of Office 2007. Choose Custom
    and you will be offered the option to keep all previous versions.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008

  3. btw, you will not be able to install selected Office 2007 apps. When you
    choose to keep all previous versions, all the 2007 apps get installed
    regardless of which Office 2003 apps are installed on the computer. You
    will not be offered the option to deselect Groove, for example. Not a
    biggie, but something to keep in mind if you are a little tight on hard
    drive space.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 13, 2008
  4. Pretty much all can co-exist except Outlook. Outlook 2k7 will replace the
    Outlook 2k3 version. And Colin has covered the rest of it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 14, 2008
  5. Kue2

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Colin and Charlie have covered most of the points of using Office 2003 and
    2007 together. Just a few notes:

    Choose a custom install and choose to select the applications to keep. That
    way you can customize which versions of which applications you have
    available. To emphasize, just have one Outlook version.

    When all is installed you will notice a delay in opening a different version
    from the one you last used. That is caused by a checking/install routine
    which makes adjustments for correct operation of the version you are
    opening.

    If you are in the habit of clicking on the file name to open it in the
    appropriate application, be aware that the version that starts will be the
    one you last opened. I believe there is a registry edit you can make that
    fixes this problem. However, I don't bother with it since I am in the habit
    of opening the application and using the file open dialogue.

    Goo luck.

    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007