Microsoft Office 2007

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John, Mar 7, 2010.

  1. John

    John Guest

    John, Mar 7, 2010

  2. John

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >
    >http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    There are a few dodgy sites out there like that. They use NZ URLs but
    they're based in China (and possibly ther places). You'll get a very
    professional looking forgery that almost certainly won't work when you
    try to authenticate it online after you install it.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Mar 7, 2010

  3. John

    JayJay Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:27:51 +1300, Ray Greene wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >>on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >>full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >>
    >>http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    > There are a few dodgy sites out there like that. They use NZ URLs but
    > they're based in China (and possibly ther places). You'll get a very
    > professional looking forgery that almost certainly won't work when you
    > try to authenticate it online after you install it.

    Well, I'll soon find out just ordered a copy - paid by paypal so I should
    be able to retrieve any money if it is a pirated copy, but I hope it isn't.
    Just built a new computer and using Widows 7 64-bit so would like some new
    software to go with it:)
    JayJay, Mar 7, 2010
  4. John

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:48:16 +1300, JayJay <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 15:27:51 +1300, Ray Greene wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >>>on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >>>full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >>>
    >>>http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    >> There are a few dodgy sites out there like that. They use NZ URLs but
    >> they're based in China (and possibly ther places). You'll get a very
    >> professional looking forgery that almost certainly won't work when you
    >> try to authenticate it online after you install it.

    >Well, I'll soon find out just ordered a copy - paid by paypal so I should
    >be able to retrieve any money if it is a pirated copy, but I hope it isn't.
    >Just built a new computer and using Widows 7 64-bit so would like some new
    >software to go with it:)

    Best of luck :)

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Mar 7, 2010
  5. John

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-03-07, John <> wrote:
    > Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    > on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    > full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?

    So unstich it and do it again. People want good seams on their clothes.
    Gordon, Mar 7, 2010
  6. John

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-03-07, John <> wrote:
    > Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    > on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    > full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >
    > http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    As Ms Office twenty ten is not in beta, one has to wonder if, at last market
    forces are Governing. In that the old stock is being sold off, before the
    new version arrives in store.
    Gordon, Mar 7, 2010
  7. John

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 7, 3:27 pm, Ray Greene <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:
    > >Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    > >on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    > >full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?

    > >http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional...

    > There are a few dodgy sites out there like that. They use NZ URLs but
    > they're based in China (and possibly ther places). You'll get a very
    > professional looking forgery that almost certainly won't work when you
    > try to authenticate it online after you install it.

    It ptrobably does not nreed authenticating. It probably does not
    present you with a EULA to tick off. Swap two characters of the
    product key and it probably be accepted. But once you use it for a
    little while with 'uodates' enabled it will probably suffer from the
    black screen syndrome.

    People were bringing bogus Office 2003 and Photoshop into NZ a few
    years ago and hocking them on Trademe. One trader 'banned' me, then a
    bit later another trader appeared out of the woodwork selling dubious
    software. Tried to ask a question and found I was banned there as
    well.
    peterwn, Mar 7, 2010
  8. John

    JayJay Guest

    On 7 Mar 2010 04:00:51 GMT, Gordon wrote:

    > On 2010-03-07, John <> wrote:
    >> Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >> on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >> full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?

    > So unstich it and do it again. People want good seams on their clothes.

    :)
    JayJay, Mar 7, 2010
  9. On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:

    >Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >
    >http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    Did a trace on the Site this what came back, its in the USA.

    Location = Powell, OH
    lat/lon = 40.10n, 83.05w
    source = Quova
    type = guess
    Frank Williams, Mar 7, 2010
  10. John

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 20:56:09 -0800, peterwn wrote:

    > People were bringing bogus Office 2003 and Photoshop into NZ a few years
    > ago and hocking them on Trademe. One trader 'banned' me, then a bit
    > later another trader appeared out of the woodwork selling dubious
    > software. Tried to ask a question and found I was banned there as well.

    Why on earth would you be purchasing software on Trademe instead of going directly to the
    developers?

    Sweetpea, Mar 7, 2010
  11. John

    JayJay Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:07:24 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >>on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >>full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >>
    >>http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    > Did a trace on the Site this what came back, its in the USA.
    >

    > Location = Powell, OH
    > lat/lon = 40.10n, 83.05w
    > source = Quova
    > type = guess

    Notice that since I started this thread the number of copies available on
    the site has gone from ten to five.
    JayJay, Mar 7, 2010
  12. John

    SteveM Guest

    SteveM, Mar 7, 2010
  13. John

    Me Guest

    High school selling pirate software?

    JayJay wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:07:24 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:28:00 +1300, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just come across this web site that has Microsoft Office 2007 full retail
    >>> on sale selling for $163.90 nz. This seems awfully cheap to me even the
    >>> full price shown seams cheap has anyone done busness with this firm?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.citymax.co.nz/softwares-i/13-microsoft-office-professional-2007.html

    >> Did a trace on the Site this what came back, its in the USA.
    >>

    >> Location = Powell, OH
    >> lat/lon = 40.10n, 83.05w
    >> source = Quova
    >> type = guess

    > Notice that since I started this thread the number of copies available on
    > the site has gone from ten to five.

    ..
    You could always call the Auckland phone number listed for "Jintao Hu",
    using whois domain name lookup.

    >technical_contact_phone: +64 95 347158

    heh heh - message "Welcome to Pakuranga College..."

    Good luck with your software.
    Me, Mar 7, 2010

    Dmitry Yorkis, Mar 8, 2010
  15. peterwn wrote:

    > It ptrobably does not nreed authenticating. It probably does not
    > present you with a EULA to tick off. Swap two characters of the
    > product key and it probably be accepted. But once you use it for a
    > little while with 'uodates' enabled it will probably suffer from the
    > black screen syndrome.

    It will ask for activation via inet or telephone after the start. But
    installation might be possible with a banned key.
    Dmitry Yorkis, Mar 8, 2010
  16. Re: High school selling pirate software?

    Me wrote:
    > JayJay wrote:

    >>> Did a trace on the Site this what came back, its in the USA.
    >>>

    >>> Location = Powell, OH
    >>> lat/lon = 40.10n, 83.05w
    >>> source = Quova
    >>> type = guess

    >> Notice that since I started this thread the number of copies available on
    >> the site has gone from ten to five.

    > .
    > You could always call the Auckland phone number listed for "Jintao Hu",
    > using whois domain name lookup.
    >
    > >technical_contact_phone: +64 95 347158

    > heh heh - message "Welcome to Pakuranga College..."
    >
    > Good luck with your software.

    This is a very hot support line :) Checked it too. Maybe he just
    resells copies from China. Sometimes it's not so difficult to get them
    when you have friends in MS, for example
    Dmitry Yorkis, Mar 8, 2010
  17. John

    Me Guest

    Dmitry Yorkis wrote:
    > Me wrote:
    >> JayJay wrote:

    >>> Notice that since I started this thread the number of copies
    >>> available on
    >>> the site has gone from ten to five.

    >> .
    >> You could always call the Auckland phone number listed for "Jintao
    >> Hu", using whois domain name lookup.
    >>
    >> >technical_contact_phone: +64 95 347158

    >> heh heh - message "Welcome to Pakuranga College..."
    >>
    >> Good luck with your software.
    >>

    > This is a very hot support line :) Checked it too. Maybe he just
    > resells copies from China. Sometimes it's not so difficult to get them
    > when you have friends in MS, for example

    When you called, did you ask to speak with Jintao Hu?
    Perhaps he's there teaching the children to sing Ba Rong Ba Chi.
    Me, Mar 8, 2010
  18. Re: High school selling pirate software?

    Me wrote:
    > Dmitry Yorkis wrote:
    >> Me wrote:

    >>> .
    >>> You could always call the Auckland phone number listed for "Jintao
    >>> Hu", using whois domain name lookup.

    >>> heh heh - message "Welcome to Pakuranga College..."
    >>>
    >>> Good luck with your software.
    >>>

    >> This is a very hot support line :) Checked it too. Maybe he just
    >> resells copies from China. Sometimes it's not so difficult to get them
    >> when you have friends in MS, for example
    > >

    > When you called, did you ask to speak with Jintao Hu?
    > Perhaps he's there teaching the children to sing Ba Rong Ba Chi.

    I didn't want to interrupt him
    Dmitry Yorkis, Mar 9, 2010
  19. John

    Me Guest

    Dmitry Yorkis wrote:
    > Me wrote:
    >> Dmitry Yorkis wrote:

    >>> This is a very hot support line :) Checked it too. Maybe he just
    >>> resells copies from China. Sometimes it's not so difficult to get
    >>> them when you have friends in MS, for example
    >> >

    >> When you called, did you ask to speak with Jintao Hu?
    >> Perhaps he's there teaching the children to sing Ba Rong Ba Chi.
    >>

    > I didn't want to interrupt him

    I'm sure he'd be happy to have heard from you. He's been in the US at
    various times, pledging to stamp out Chinese piracy. It's clearly
    working very well.
    Me, Mar 10, 2010
  20. In message <Xns9D34CDEF9CA8Esdmccremovemeparadis@203.109.252.31>, SteveM
    wrote:

    > They are ditching office 2007 due to 2010 comming out shortly.

    Or maybe because they’re just going to stick with Office 2003 for the
    foreseeable future
    <http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/01/12/office_2007_migration_problems/>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 14, 2010