    So the defections advance.....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Apr 15, 2006

  2. On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:17:51 +1200, thingy wrote:

    > http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    >
    > So the defections advance.....

    "And so it begins."

    (Hands up all those who know the source of that quote. :eek:)

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 15, 2006

  3. thingy

    GraB Guest

    wrote:

    >“Microsoft faces big consumer defection risk: One measure of consumers’
    >dissatisfaction with Microsoft is seen in the 5.4 million households
    >that gave it a brand trust of 1 (distrust a lot) or 2 (distrust a bit),”
    >the report said. “Compared with all Microsoft users, these at-risk users
    >have higher income, are much more likely to be male and are bigger
    >online spenders."
    >
    >http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    >
    >So the defections advance.....

    Can't say that I agree with this survey. How does Sony earn highest
    marks after their rootkit fiasco? IMHO Sony and MS are the two least
    trustworthy names in computers. What's the problem with LG?

    If I shifted from MS (which I don't trust) to something else, it
    wouldn't be Apple, who I believe would be like MS if they were in
    their position. Anyway, could I install Apple OS on my PC?

    No, I would more likely shift to a version of Linux. It will be
    interesting to see how KDE4 looks when it comes out. There is
    absolutely no way I will be going anywhere near Vista.

    GraB, Apr 15, 2006
  4. On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:43:25 +1200, GraB wrote:

    > IMHO Sony and MS are the two least
    > trustworthy names in computers.

    Sony used to have an excellent name in consumer electronics for quality
    and reliability.

    I bought a Sony CD player 8-9 years ago that still works perfectly and has
    a lovely clean, crisp (but not brittle) sound. After I bought it I saw one
    in a recording studio and so I thought that vindicated my choice. :eek:)

    My point is... it still works perfectly after 9 years.

    It's only recently that Sony has been trying really dumb stuff, and they'd
    have to an awful lot of very dumb stuff before they will have destroyed
    the Sony brand the way Micro$oft has destroyed its brand.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Jeffrey Jaffe, Novell CTO: "Our entire company does most of its work on Linux."

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 15, 2006
  5. thingy

    Jerry Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:43:25 +1200, GraB wrote:
    >

    >>IMHO Sony and MS are the two least
    >>trustworthy names in computers.

    > Sony used to have an excellent name in consumer electronics for quality
    > and reliability.
    >
    > I bought a Sony CD player 8-9 years ago that still works perfectly and has
    > a lovely clean, crisp (but not brittle) sound. After I bought it I saw one
    > in a recording studio and so I thought that vindicated my choice. :eek:)
    >
    > My point is... it still works perfectly after 9 years.
    >
    > It's only recently that Sony has been trying really dumb stuff, and they'd
    > have to an awful lot of very dumb stuff before they will have destroyed
    > the Sony brand the way Micro$oft has destroyed its brand.
    >

    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    However, it is a lot easier to lose a reputation than gain it. I wonder
    if many people really realise what Sony tried to do to them with the
    rootkit.

    Jerry, Apr 15, 2006
  6. thingy

    Max Burke Guest

    > thingy scribbled:
    > "Microsoft faces big consumer defection risk: One measure of
    > consumers' dissatisfaction with Microsoft is seen in the 5.4 million
    > households that gave it a brand trust of 1 (distrust a lot) or 2
    > (distrust a bit)," the report said. "Compared with all Microsoft
    > users, these at-risk users have higher income, are much more likely
    > to be male and are bigger online spenders."
    > http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    > So the defections advance.....
    > regards
    > Thing

    Consider the source.....

    Oh and what a sad life you must lead...
    Trolling the net to find things about a company you hate.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Apr 15, 2006
  7. thingy

    MarkH Guest

    GraB <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:17:51 +1200, thingy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>“Microsoft faces big consumer defection risk: One measure of consumers’
    >>dissatisfaction with Microsoft is seen in the 5.4 million households
    >>that gave it a brand trust of 1 (distrust a lot) or 2 (distrust a bit),”
    >>the report said. “Compared with all Microsoft users, these at-risk users
    >>have higher income, are much more likely to be male and are bigger
    >>online spenders."
    >>
    >>http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    >>
    >>So the defections advance.....
    >>

    > Can't say that I agree with this survey. How does Sony earn highest
    > marks after their rootkit fiasco? IMHO Sony and MS are the two least
    > trustworthy names in computers.

    I still trust Sony Electronics, but I do not trust Sony Music at all.

    In NZ Sony Music are one of the companies that voiced an objection to the
    idea of a law change legalising format shifting. Whereas Sony Electronics
    make MP3 players and used to air an ad in NZ showing people format
    shifting.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Apr 15, 2006
  8. thingy

    shannon Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    >> thingy scribbled:
    >> "Microsoft faces big consumer defection risk: One measure of
    >> consumers' dissatisfaction with Microsoft is seen in the 5.4 million
    >> households that gave it a brand trust of 1 (distrust a lot) or 2
    >> (distrust a bit)," the report said. "Compared with all Microsoft
    >> users, these at-risk users have higher income, are much more likely
    >> to be male and are bigger online spenders."
    >> http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    >> So the defections advance.....
    >> regards
    >> Thing

    > Consider the source.....
    >
    > Oh and what a sad life you must lead...
    > Trolling the net to find things about a company you hate.

    PKB

    shannon, Apr 15, 2006
  9. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    >> thingy scribbled:
    >> "Microsoft faces big consumer defection risk: One measure of
    >> consumers' dissatisfaction with Microsoft is seen in the 5.4 million
    >> households that gave it a brand trust of 1 (distrust a lot) or 2
    >> (distrust a bit)," the report said. "Compared with all Microsoft
    >> users, these at-risk users have higher income, are much more likely
    >> to be male and are bigger online spenders."
    >> http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php
    >> So the defections advance.....
    >> regards
    >> Thing

    > Consider the source.....
    >
    > Oh and what a sad life you must lead...
    > Trolling the net to find things about a company you hate.

    You mean,

    "Forrester had a couple of findings in the report....."

    So Forrester is not worth reading?

    Shows how instantly blinkered you were when you saw the URL as a Mac URL....

    What a sad life you must lead when your eyes are so blinkered you wont
    even look at alternaive points of view....

    Hate is a very strong word....not one I use with myself, its opposite,
    love, yes.

    I dont trawl the Internet looking for things about MS, I dont hate MS....

    I trawl the Internet looking for insights and trends about where
    technology is going and where it will be in 5 ~ 10 years. Applications
    and technologies that I should be looking at because I want to protect
    the company and my future job prospects.....

    I dont hate MS, what I do hate is shoddy business practices and lack of
    professionalism in determining what solution to use. I get lots of
    processes put around aspects of looking after a technology once it is
    deployed, but little process around what to deploy and if to deploy....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Apr 15, 2006
  10. On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:33:35 +1200, Jerry wrote:

    > However, it is a lot easier to lose a reputation than gain it.

    True.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than that.
    The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you decide -

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 15, 2006
  11. On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:54:14 +0000, MarkH wrote:

    > I still trust Sony Electronics, but I do not trust Sony Music at all.

    Sony's consumer electronics, alas, is no longer the same quality it used
    to be ten years ago.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 15, 2006
  12. In <aYd0g.631423$> MarkH wrote:

    > I still trust Sony Electronics, but I do not trust Sony Music at all.
    >
    > In NZ Sony Music are one of the companies that voiced an objection to
    > the idea of a law change legalising format shifting. Whereas Sony
    > Electronics make MP3 players and used to air an ad in NZ showing
    > people format shifting.

    The hilarious part is: WTF does Sony Music think all those millions of
    MiniDisc players that Sony Electronics has sold are playing? The pre-
    recorded MiniDiscs that Sony Music sell perhaps? Oh, wait, they haven't
    sold any of those for about 10 years.

    http://roger.geek.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Apr 16, 2006
  13. thingy

    MarkH Guest

    Roger Johnstone <> wrote in news:20060416121548350+
    :

    > In <aYd0g.631423$> MarkH wrote:
    >>
    >> I still trust Sony Electronics, but I do not trust Sony Music at all.
    >>
    >> In NZ Sony Music are one of the companies that voiced an objection to
    >> the idea of a law change legalising format shifting. Whereas Sony
    >> Electronics make MP3 players and used to air an ad in NZ showing
    >> people format shifting.

    > The hilarious part is: WTF does Sony Music think all those millions of
    > MiniDisc players that Sony Electronics has sold are playing? The pre-
    > recorded MiniDiscs that Sony Music sell perhaps? Oh, wait, they haven't
    > sold any of those for about 10 years.

    Does anyone have any numbers on how many MP3 players have been sold by Sony
    Electronics?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade