    They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
    ..xls format.

    I think the irony escaped them.

    Disco Stu, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Disco Stu

    T.N.O Guest

    "Disco Stu" wrote
    | They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
    | .xls format.
    |
    | I think the irony escaped them.

    Was it for upgrading or a new purchase?

    T.N.O, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Disco Stu

    Disco Stu Guest

    A new purchase.

    We will have to install Open Office to read it.

    Disco Stu, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Disco Stu

    T.N.O Guest

    "Disco Stu" wrote
    | A new purchase.
    |
    | We will have to install Open Office to read it.

    hehe, morons.

    BTW, excell viewer would be smaller if you have to download it.

    T.N.O, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Disco Stu

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Disco Stu wrote:

    > A new purchase.
    >
    > We will have to install Open Office to read it.

    Catch 22. So the Big Softie _does_ have a sense of humour.

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Aug 5, 2003
  6. "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
    > They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
    > .xls format.
    >
    > I think the irony escaped them.

    doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

    Try this in the meantime
    http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/excel2000/Xlviewer/2000/WIN98/EN-US/xlViewer.exe

    if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
    is out in 2 months

    Nathan Mercer, Aug 5, 2003
  7. Disco Stu

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
    > > They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
    > > .xls format.
    > >
    > > I think the irony escaped them.

    > doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

    I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
    just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Aug 5, 2003
  8. Disco Stu

    Andrew Guest

    I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard

    Andrew, Aug 5, 2003
  9. Disco Stu

    Mutley Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote:

    >"Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message
    >> They sent our office information on purchasing a copy of MS Office in
    >> .xls format.
    >>
    >> I think the irony escaped them.

    >doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.
    >
    >Try this in the meantime
    >http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx
    >http://download.microsoft.com/download/excel2000/Xlviewer/2000/WIN98/EN-US/xlViewer.exe
    >
    >if you're going to buy suggest you get a technology guarantee, Office 2003
    >is out in 2 months

    No doubt at a hugely inflated price. With M$ WPA for Office since
    Office 2K the price should be no more that about $NZ200 for a complete
    new set..

    Mutley, Aug 5, 2003
  10. Disco Stu

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > I Think it was meant to be between Chair and keyboard

    That makes a lot more sense.
    --
    ~misfit~

    > "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in

    message
    > > > "Disco Stu" <stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote in message

    in

    > > > doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

    > > I don't get it. Between the keyboard and the monitor? On my desk there's
    > > just a bit of dust, is that what you mean? Dust? Irony indeed.
    > > --
    > > ~misfit~
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    ~misfit~, Aug 6, 2003
  11. Disco Stu

    Keith Guest

    "Disco Stu" <disco_stu@springfield_dance_studio.com> wrote:

    >"Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
    >
    >> doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

    >Well with that post I hadn't claimed there was a problem.
    >I was more pointing out the humor of the situation; but as the dictionary
    >says...
    >irony n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "irony is wasted
    >on the stupid"

    Throw that dictionary in the bin, what a crappy definition!

    * Expression of one's meaning by languge of opposite or different
    tendency, esp simulated adoption of another's point of view or
    laudatory tone for the purpose of ridicule
    * ill-timed or perverse arrival of event or circumstance in itself
    desirable, as if in mockery of the fitness of things
    * use of language that has an inner meaning for a privileged
    audience and an outer meaning for the persons addressed or
    concerned
    Concise Oxford

    Keith, Aug 6, 2003
  12. Disco Stu

    pbs Guest

    Disco Stu wrote:
    > "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
    >

    >>doh. the problem is sitting between the keyboard and monitor.

    > Well with that post I hadn't claimed there was a problem.
    > I was more pointing out the humor of the situation; but as the dictionary
    > says...
    > irony n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "irony is wasted
    > on the stupid"

    Is the full quote:
    "irony is wasted on the stupid, irony on an ironyboard"?

    pbs, Aug 6, 2003
  13. Disco Stu

    AD. Guest

    pbs wrote:

    > Is the full quote:
    > "irony is wasted on the stupid, irony on an ironyboard"?

    It was Baldrick that defined it as "like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron"

    or something like that :)

    AD., Aug 6, 2003