    Any ideas would greatly appreciate.

    Thanks

    Colin

    Colin, Jul 13, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Colin <> wrote:
    :I'm trying to get Microsoft Netmeeting to work through a 2620 w/ NAT
    :in a lab environment. I can get a user on the inside network to
    :initiate a NetMeeting session w/ a machine on the outside network and
    :it works fine. If I try to initiate a session from the outside to the
    :same machine on the inside, it won't work, the call just times out.

    :I'm running IOS Version 12.3(1a) (c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-1a) that
    :supports H323 and am using NAT w/ ip overload and the external ip
    :address as the Nated address that the outside world will see.

    What is your configuration to ensure that incoming calls will get
    directed to that -particular- inside host?

    If it were a PIX you were using, I would say that you need
    to use the relatively new 'extended static' feature to redirect
    ports from the interface.

    On the other hand, if it were a PIX you were using, I would point
    out the clause in the PIX reference indicating that you cannot
    use PAT with RTSP. I'm not sure if NetMeeting needs RTSP or
    just H.323 (and H.225?).

    It appears that PAT support for H323 is relatively new. Probably
    12.3(1a) is new enough to have that support.

    Anyhow, the obvious way to proceed is to create a static
    1-1 mapping for the inside host and see if it can receive calls
    then. If it can, -then- it's time to dig into PAT issues.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Re: Microsoft Netmeeting w/ NAT and IPSec

    Finally got Netmeeting to work both directions. A user on the internal
    network can initiate and call and a user on the external network can
    initiate a call successfully. I had to use a static NAT mapping -Thanx

    All is well but now when I introduce IPSec, only the external clients
    can initiate a call. I think NAT is having problems w/ IPSec. The
    router that is doing the NAT is also set up as a VPN.

    Any suggestions??

    Thanks
    Colin

    Colin, Jul 14, 2003