    continually coming up?

    --
    Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse, Jan 10, 2008

  2. Anyolmouse

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:19:52 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:

    >It tries to install the service pack but fails giving error: Registered
    >JIT debuggers not available. Also: App generated exception that could
    >not be handled, processid = 0xa60(2656) and Threadid = 0xa58(2648). It
    >is an AMD desktop running XP and is not a server. I did a search for it

    XP Home / XP Pro / XP64bit? Service pack?

    Manually remove and reinstall .NET Framework 1.1

    >and nothing comes up. Is there any way to stop the prompt from

    Try this then, couldn't find nothing (not).

    www.google.com

    Results 1 - 10 of about 68,900 English pages for
    registered JIT debuggers not available
    .. (0.32 seconds)

    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1326003.php
    "Based on my experience, this can be caused by a corrupted installation
    of
    the .NET Framework 1.1. Manually removing the .NET Framework (steps in
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320112 should suffice) then using
    best-practice techniques to reinstall it (selective startup using
    MSCONFIG.EXE including only the Windows Installer service) should allow
    the
    installation of .NET framework to succeed without error.

    Change the search a bit

    Results 1 - 10 of about 188 English pages for
    registered JIT debuggers not available 0xa
    .. (0.63 seconds)

    Finds some of the same but cuts the hits from 68900 to 188.

    Try something very different

    www.google.com
    uninstall .net framework 1.1

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 1,730,000 English pages for
    uninstall .net framework 1.1
    .. (0.27 seconds)

    How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues
    NET Framework 1.1 RTL x86 enu comment, and then click Uninstall. f.
    After the uninstall process has completed, quit the Installer. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643 -
    Similar pages

    Installation of .NET Framework fails and requires manual removal
    Right-click the cached Windows Installer file, and then click Uninstall.
    h. Close the window. ... How to repair .NET Framework 1.0.3705 or
    1.1.4322 ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320112 -
    Similar pages
    [ More results from support.microsoft.com ]

    Aaron Stebner's WebLog : How to repair the .NET Framework 1.1 that ...
    The .NET Framework 1.1 ships as an OS component on the 32-bit Windows
    Server 2003 family of operating systems. This .NET Framework component
    is a hidden, ...
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/06/21/431385.aspx - 62k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Aaron Stebner's WebLog : Removal tool to fix .NET Framework ...
    NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903) showing in Add Or Remove Programs.
    It will not uninstall ("The upgrade patch cannot be installed because
    the program to ...
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx - 205k -
    Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from blogs.msdn.com ]

    MBR IT/.NET 247 : Cannot re-install or uninstall .NET 1.1 on ...
    Cannot re-install or uninstall .NET 1.1 on Windows 2003. Messages,
    Related Types. This message was discovered on
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup. ...
    www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/58/291488.aspx - 19k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Spot the links related to MS as it's an MSproduct.

    Redistributing the .NET Framework 1.1
    NET Framework 1.1 Deployment Guide. This Web site provides detailed
    ...... Note To properly uninstall the .NET Framework package, you should
    also use the ...
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994402.aspx - 76k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Can't install or uninstall .net framework 1.1
    System has a number of problems, after a bad cloning and upgrade to XP
    Pro SP2 .... Java applets a problem (different issue, same system and
    another Q in ...
    www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21409539.html - 79k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    This URL also hives a glue to the name of a MS newsgroup

    Problems Before/After Uninstalling .Net Framework 1.1 - Please Hel
    One suggestion was to uninstall the .Net Framework 1.1 and re-install
    it. ...... but I am also unable to uninstall .NET Framework 1.1. This is
    the error ...
    www.devnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework/topic10044.aspx
    - 67k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    You can get to the NG via several routes, your usenet provider, Ms web
    base communities, MS newsserver and this

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework/topics

    Still with the Google search

    Download details: Uninstall Cleanup Tool for the .NET Framework ...
    NET Framework 1.0 or .NET Framework 1.1, if you uninstall the security
    update corresponding to KB928366, KB929729, or KB928367, the file
    version is rolled ...
    www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...33-0343-4EE4-B0C4-97BD16967A09&displaylang=en
    - 34k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Uninstall Tool
    .... pre-release versions of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 if the typical
    uninstall process is unsuccessful. ... NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
    Top of page ...
    www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=aae7fc63-d405-4e13-909f-e85aa9e66146
    - 33k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    cant remove .net framework 1.1 - WinDrivers Computer Tech Support ...
    I am trying to uninstall .net framework 1.1 so I can reinstall it with
    the service pack updates. I tried to uninstall it from add/remove
    programs. ...
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=77749 - 85k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jan 10, 2008

  3. Anyolmouse

    thanatoid Guest

    "Anyolmouse" <> wrote in

    > It tries to install the service pack but fails giving
    > error: Registered JIT debuggers not available. Also: App
    > generated exception that could not be handled, processid =
    > 0xa60(2656) and Threadid = 0xa58(2648). It is an AMD
    > desktop running XP and is not a server. I did a search for
    > it and nothing comes up. Is there any way to stop the
    > prompt from continually coming up?

    FYI - on /my/ computers, ANYTHING that requires MS NET framework
    is immediately deleted. MSNF is another of the brilliant
    attempts by MS to make things "easier" for people, like the MS
    installer - /all/ programs using which meet with a similar fate
    in THIS room, BTW.

    There are ALWAYS dozens of similar programs which are 1/10-1/100
    in size (not counting the net framework itself, one of whose
    stated aims is to reduce DL's for otherwise huge programs - HAH!
    The fucking things is a hugeass bloat of crap in itself, not to
    mention suffers from the peculiar ailment known as "never ending
    updates and patches") and most of those alternatives are faster,
    better, and often free.

    Think about it.

    While you're at it, think about using OE for newsgroups.

    --
    Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion.
    Edward Abbey (1927 - 1989)

    thanatoid, Jan 10, 2008
  4. Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse Guest

    | On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:19:52 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:
    |
    | >It tries to install the service pack but fails giving error:
    Registered
    | >JIT debuggers not available. Also: App generated exception that could
    | >not be handled, processid = 0xa60(2656) and Threadid = 0xa58(2648).
    It
    | >is an AMD desktop running XP and is not a server. I did a search for
    it

    | XP Home / XP Pro / XP64bit? Service pack?

    XP Home

    | Manually remove and reinstall .NET Framework 1.1

    Add/Remove does not show Microsoft.NET 1.1 Start Search C: drive does
    not bring up anything.

    www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7A4EFC33-0343-4EE4-B0C

    Anyolmouse, Jan 10, 2008
  5. Anyolmouse

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:25:04 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:

    You could have snipped some of the post 149 lines increased to 182 ,
    mainly due to line wrap and you made jusr the 2 short comments,

    That was fast, managing to get through all those links. So after all
    that reading nothing worked?

    >| On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:19:52 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:
    >|
    >| >It tries to install the service pack but fails giving error:
    >Registered
    >| >JIT debuggers not available. Also: App generated exception that could
    >| >not be handled, processid = 0xa60(2656) and Threadid = 0xa58(2648).
    >It
    >| >is an AMD desktop running XP and is not a server. I did a search for
    >it
    >|
    >| XP Home / XP Pro / XP64bit? Service pack?
    >
    >XP Home
    >

    >| Manually remove and reinstall .NET Framework 1.1
    >

    >Add/Remove does not show Microsoft.NET 1.1 Start Search C: drive does
    >not bring up anything.

    That's why I said manually and included a lot of links for you. Like the
    1 I didn't snip below.

    There is always the installer cleanup utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    NOTE - There are *warnings* about using this utility.

    What were you looking for with a Start / Search of C?

    >| >and nothing comes up. Is there any way to stop the prompt from
    >|
    >| Try this then, couldn't find nothing (not).
    >|
    >| www.google.com
    >|
    >| Results 1 - 10 of about 68,900 English pages for
    >| registered JIT debuggers not available
    >| . (0.32 seconds)

    <snip>hhhh

    >| the .NET Framework 1.1. Manually removing the .NET Framework (steps in
    >| http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320112 should suffice) then using
    >| best-practice techniques to reinstall it (selective startup using
    >| MSCONFIG.EXE including only the Windows Installer service) should
    >allow
    >| the
    >| installation of .NET framework to succeed without error.

    <snip>

    Stick with the Google stuff,

    Security update for Microsoft .NET framework version 1.1 Service ...
    Security update for Microsoft .NET framework version 1.1 Service Pack 1
    won't install .... MainFrame OS; Unix; Apple; OS / 2; AS / 400 ...
    www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Miscellaneous/Q_22821002.html

    finds -

    MASQUERAID:
    Try forcing the install manually
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8A-29EB-49CF-9DBC-1A0DC2273FF9&displaylang=en
    Zone: OS
    Question Asked By: thutchinson
    Solution Provided By: MASQUERAID

    Me

    why?, Jan 11, 2008
  6. Anyolmouse

    Anyolmouse Guest

    | On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:25:04 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:
    |
    | You could have snipped some of the post 149 lines increased to 182 ,
    | mainly due to line wrap and you made jusr the 2 short comments,
    |
    | That was fast, managing to get through all those links. So after all
    | that reading nothing worked?

    Nope! Thanks anyway.

    --
    Anyolmouse