    extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get there. I didn't apply it.

    Thanks
    Confused
    zimpzampzormp, Sep 2, 2009

  2. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > zimpzampzormp wrote:
    >> How do I uninstall microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0 from Firefox
    >> 3.5.2? How do I go back to Firefox 3.5.1? Microsoft keeps sending me
    >> an update for it but it won't install. What the hell is this Microcrap
    >> extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get there. I didn't
    >> apply it.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Confused

    > you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
    > causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
    > including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
    > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    > install it?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    "BTW, there was an
    > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    > install it?"

    I've tried but it always fails to install.
    zimpzampzormp, Sep 2, 2009

  3. zimpzampzormp wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> zimpzampzormp wrote:
    >>> How do I uninstall microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0 from
    >>> Firefox 3.5.2? How do I go back to Firefox 3.5.1? Microsoft keeps
    >>> sending me an update for it but it won't install. What the hell is
    >>> this Microcrap extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get
    >>> there. I didn't apply it.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Confused

    >> you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
    >> causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
    >> including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
    >> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
    >> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    >> install it?
    >>

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > "BTW, there was an
    > > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    > > install it?"

    > I've tried but it always fails to install.

    then you should be asking microsoft about your install
    problem.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 3, 2009
  4. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > zimpzampzormp wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
    >>> causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
    >>> including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
    >>> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
    >>> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    >>> install it?
    >>>

    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> "BTW, there was an
    >> > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
    >> > install it?"

    >> I've tried but it always fails to install.

    > then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.

    Good point. Thanks
    zimpzampzormp, Sep 3, 2009
  5. zimpzampzormp

    Jim S Guest

    On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:25:00 GMT, zimpzampzormp wrote:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> zimpzampzormp wrote:

    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> "BTW, there was an
    >>>
    >>> I've tried but it always fails to install.

    >> then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.
    >>

    > Good point. Thanks

    I have the same problem so tell us what they say :eek:)
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim S, Sep 3, 2009
  6. Jim S wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:25:00 GMT, zimpzampzormp wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.
    >>>

    >> Good point. Thanks

    > I have the same problem so tell us what they say :eek:)

    I open IE, paste :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...62dc-96a7-4657-af91-6383ba034eab#Instructions
    into the address bar. I don't really understand what they want me to do
    so since I see no obvious anomalies from having the extension on my
    Firefox as it is disabled, I may just try to live with it. Microsoft
    seems to not be of any help although I received a popup last night
    saying that there was an error with the update that they didn't ask me
    to report but that I should report it now. I clicked on the report it
    button. I'll see what happens.
    zimpzampzormp, Sep 3, 2009
  7. zimpzampzormp

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Maybe something like this can help.... kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_Uninstall_Extensions
    nimd4, Sep 12, 2009