    If the Microsoft people still read this group would they know when
    Microsoft will release a new international version of Money (latest
    version available is 2005).

    John, Sep 9, 2008

  2. John

    John Guest

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:00:23 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> If the Microsoft people still read this group would they know when
    >> Microsoft will release a new international version of Money (latest
    >> version available is 2005).

    > Microsoft Money Heads to the Cloud
    > by Paul Thurrott
    > Microsoft has taken another step into its cloud-computing future, revealing
    > that it will no longer ship retail versions of its Money Plus personal
    > finance package. Instead, the product will move to "100 percent online
    > distribution" and will be updated when necessary-not on the previous
    > schedule of once per year.
    >
    > "Incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year,"
    > the Microsoft Money team wrote in a statement. "In response to our retail
    > partners' needs, consumer behavior, and business efficiencies, Microsoft is
    > focusing distribution efforts for Microsoft Money Plus software online via
    > download and discontinuing traditional box sales of the software at retail."
    > The statement notes that although boxed retail versions of software "won't
    > be going away anytime soon," Microsoft is evolving its strategies to meet
    > the changing needs of the market. Increasingly, that market is moving toward
    > cloud-computing solutions, or what Microsoft calls Software + Services.
    > "This move [to online distribution] means that retailers can provide more
    > inventory of our products but require less physical space to manage
    > inventory."
    >
    > Microsoft Money has never had much success against its entrenched competitor
    > Intuit, but the product is a solid number two in that market. Moving it
    > completely to the Web might solve some branding and marketing concerns, and
    > let it compete more efficiently with that rival product, which has been
    > available online for years.

    Thanks Max, Problem is unless you live in the US you can't download
    the software from their site. It seems that some people are getting
    around this problem by entering any American address including the
    White House.
    I've tried the trial version of Quicken and got fed up the
    registration setup plus the screen being refreshed time after time,
    plus the Data Converter freezing MS Money and not finishing the
    conversion process. (Yes, I did print out the instructions and
    followed them to the word.

    John, Sep 9, 2008