    switch and I can't successfully reboot. I have to restore to before the
    adapter was installed to restart the computer.

    Can you give me some advice?

    tmort, Jun 24, 2009

  2. tmort

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    This is "stuff: from more than 10 years ago, there is No countable sources
    for it.
    To begin with WinME was Not a "Bright Star" when it comes to Networking.
    If the hardware can not accommodated current OS', I would suggest to find
    an inexpensive upgrade to Windows 2000 Pro.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Jun 25, 2009

  3. tmort

    Pavel A. Guest

    tmort wrote:
    > I have an older computer running Windows Me and am trying to use a Microsoft
    > MN 710 wireless adapter. It has a Windows Me driver and I have successfully
    > used one with Windows 98.
    >
    > After I get it set up it makes a connection and I can go to about one
    > website and then the system locks up and I have to shut down with the power
    > switch and I can't successfully reboot. I have to restore to before the
    > adapter was installed to restart the computer.
    >
    > Can you give me some advice?

    Yes. Get Linux.

    -- pa

    Pavel A., Jun 25, 2009