Microsoft MN700 G router and Remote Control

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QXNpZg==?=, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. I have Microsoft MN700 G router on Windows XP Pro PC and home networking set
    up already. How can I remotely acces to my computer at home from my work?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXNpZg==?=, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Remote Desktop is a good way since your running XP Pro at home...

    You can also run Remote Desktop through a Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel for
    added security...I recommend using a private/public key pair for
    authentication versus a password...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.html

    With that said, you really need to contact your work network administrators
    about this issue. There may be company policies that bar you from connecting
    an untrusted host/network (your home PC and network) to a trusted PC/network
    (your work PC and network)...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...