    does not supply
    newer versions for x64 on their Website.

    Daniel
    Daniel Herrmann, Jul 17, 2005

  2. "Daniel Herrmann" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > the supportpage on MS Homepage only produces errors so im writing here.
    >
    > I just bought a Optical Desktop with Fingerprint reader. The
    > Fingerprint-Software
    > doesnt work with x64 but needs to be installed first to work properly.
    > What can i do?
    > Im a little bit angry that MS´s Software does not support his own OS and
    > does not supply
    > newer versions for x64 on their Website.

    Hardware requires 64-bit drivers.
    The product you have purchased does not have x64 (64-bit) drivers currently
    available for it.
    You need to ensure that any hardware purchase you make for your x64 system
    is supported with available x64 (64-bit) driver.

    The basic keyboard functionality will still work - but until x64 drivers are
    available then you may not be able to use the enhanced functions of the
    device.

    We do not have a currently a date for availability of x64 drivers for this
    product.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 17, 2005

  3. "Daniel Herrmann" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > the supportpage on MS Homepage only produces errors so im writing here.
    >
    > I just bought a Optical Desktop with Fingerprint reader. The
    > Fingerprint-Software
    > doesnt work with x64 but needs to be installed first to work properly.
    > What can i do?
    > Im a little bit angry that MS´s Software does not support his own OS and
    > does not supply
    > newer versions for x64 on their Website.

    You can also see the supported systems/system requirements for your product
    at
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/systemrequirements.aspx?pid=034
    It does not list Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 17, 2005
  4. You can find the only answers to this problem in the thread dated 7/15/2005
    3:15PM
    Subject: The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software fro
    WinXP x64 by Wayne Wastier
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005
  5. Hello,

    "> The product you have purchased does not have x64 (64-bit) drivers
    currently
    > available for it.

    Thank you for your fast answer.
    Im surprised that no drivers are released as 3rd Party Distributors linke
    Nvidia or ATI are releasing drivers für x64 since last year.

    So im a little bit surprised reading "The Microsoft Advantage-Hardware,
    Software, Compatibility"
    I just thought that actual common os from the same corporation are not
    supported. And the keyboard wasn´t cheap at all.
    I hope my dealer will take it back.

    Daniel
    Daniel Herrmann, Jul 17, 2005
  6. "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <> wrote in message

    > Hardware requires 64-bit drivers.
    > The product you have purchased does not have x64 (64-bit) drivers
    > currently available for it.

    Mike, I know this has to be a sore point with you as this topic has been
    discussed many times. Maybe it is time to talk to the developers bosses and
    get them to either admit that no software is being planned, or that it is
    currently in production. A time table will not be necessary, as I am well
    aware of software deadlines .... :)

    Thank you for your continued patience, and participation on this newsgroup.
    I hope we can put this issue to rest very soon.

    yours,
    Wayne
    P.S. As for now, if anyone wants software and hardware support for Mice and
    Keyboards, look no further than Logitech. (I never thought I would write
    anything like that, as I am and have been a MSFT supporter since the mid
    80's ... sigh )
    Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  7. "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:

    > P.S. As for now, if anyone wants software and hardware support for Mice and
    > Keyboards, look no further than Logitech.

    If Logitech has a version of Mouseware that will work with X64 I've yet to
    find it....

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 17, 2005
  8. Daniel Herrmann

    DKI Guest

    Its only selected products they are supporting under X64

    And from the looks of it they might not support this Mouseware only this
    setpoint i keep seeing under each X64 supported product. all others are
    either XP and below and the mouse point i can only see with products not
    under X64 support

    DKI, Jul 17, 2005
  9. "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message

    > If Logitech has a version of Mouseware that will work with X64 I've yet to
    > find it....
    >

    > --

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1792,contentid=9471,OSID=11

    Logitech has dumped Mouseware and switched to SetPoint. If this isn't your
    mouse, then just find yours, and then click on Windows XP x64 in the "Select
    your platform" in the column on the left of your screen.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  10. "DKI" <> wrote in message
    > Its only selected products they are supporting under X64
    >
    > And from the looks of it they might not support this Mouseware only this
    > setpoint i keep seeing under each X64 supported product. all others are
    > either XP and below and the mouse point i can only see with products not
    > under X64 support

    DKI, as I wrote David, Logitech has dumped Mouseware, and replaced it with
    Setpoint.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  11. Oh, I forgot to mention that not all Logitech mice are supported, just their
    newer models. But then, if you go out and buy a mouse, you usually want to
    get a new model. :)

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  12. Daniel Herrmann

    DKI Guest

    My reply must of not got through to your news client thats why it came
    through after posting but thanks before the info. with that in mind then
    give MS a few months (was originally till winter but now less) and if no
    intellipoint or intellitype software is avilable then its over to logitech.
    I only brought this cause of the features but since not all work and the
    most commen ones i used under XP do not work its time i start looking at the
    competion.

    DKI, Jul 17, 2005
  13. Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  14. "DKI" <> wrote in message
    > My reply must of not got through to your news client thats why it came
    > through after posting but thanks before the info. with that in mind then
    > give MS a few months (was originally till winter but now less) and if no
    > intellipoint or intellitype software is avilable then its over to
    > logitech. I only brought this cause of the features but since not all work
    > and the most commen ones i used under XP do not work its time i start
    > looking at the competion.

    Yes, it probably is my news client. (OE) Every once in a while I have to
    reset a newsgroup to get the posts that I missed previously. <sigh> I am
    keeping my MS mouse as it is the coolest mouse I have ever owned. But, for
    my birthday, August 2, I am getting the Logitech MX1000 mouse for my XP x64
    system. :) I already replaced my MS Multimedia keyboard with the Logitech
    Multimedia keyboard. (that is only because I am so hard on keyboards, they
    wear out in about 6 months. I should probably keep a dust cover over it, and
    refrain from eating snacks over it. LOL

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jul 17, 2005
  15. "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:

    > "David R. Norton MVP" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> If Logitech has a version of Mouseware that will work with X64 I've yet
    >> to find it....

    > Logitech has dumped Mouseware and switched to SetPoint. If this isn't
    > your mouse, then just find yours, and then click on Windows XP x64 in
    > the "Select your platform" in the column on the left of your screen.

    X64 isn't in the "select your platform" for any mouse I own, never has been.

    The setpoint software won't work with any mouse or trackball I have.

    However, it doesn't matter much as it's unlikely I'll keep X64 on my computer
    much longer since I never use it.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 17, 2005
  16. David R. Norton MVP, Jul 17, 2005
  17. Waiting on the Longhorn version huh?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005
  18. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in:

    > Waiting on the Longhorn version huh?

    Yeah, shouldn't be too much longer. I'm hearing rumors the first Beta might
    be released before the end of this month. When that happens you know we'll
    be reading all about it in the various magazines and newsgroups.

    My personal belief is that Longhorn will start a 64 bit driver frenzy among
    hardware folks, the excuse that "it's only for a few computer geeks" that
    they've used with X64 won't hold up anymore!

    Then I'll get my Mouseware I hope! As near as I can figure, the SetPoint
    stuff is only for cordless mice and I haven't got one nor do I really want
    one, I have a VERY strong prejudice against cordless devices on my computer.

    I sincerely doubt I'll get my Canon printer driver, my S900 is too old for
    Canon to write a new driver but maybe a later one will restore full function
    to the critter, or maybe I'll just go back to Windows 3.0..... lessee, where
    did I put that 5 1/4 floppy drive? ;-)

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>