Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I've decided I don't like this Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse I
    got last October.

    I don't like the insert key being placed elsewhere and the delete key
    being bigger and the end key higher up.

    I also don't like this F Lock button. I have to always press it to
    get certain keys I use regularly to work.

    And the biggest thing of all that really ticks me off, is when I try
    to do a copy or cut using Ctrl and the C or X button, it never seems
    to work no matter whenever I changed the position of the F Lock key.

    If I want to copy or cut anything I have to use the mouse or the menu
    to do it, the keyboard just doesn't work.

    I wish I'd stuck with Logitech.

    The only thing I do like about the Microsoft keyboard is the actually
    keys themselves they are good to press and its easy to use apart from
    the major problems I have. The mouse is excellent, no issue with that
    at all.

    Does anyone else have issues with the Microsoft keyboard and the Ctrl
    & C or X for copying or cutting? Or is this just my keyboard?

    Cheers

    John

    John, Feb 8, 2005

  2. John

    Jerry G. Guest

    I am supporting many systems, and have a few here at home. I found for
    myself, I like the standard keytronix keyboard, that is based on the old
    style IBM type. This keyboard is easy to use, and I am able to type at a
    rapid rate with it.

    As for a mouse, I like the standard MS optical, or the Logitech optical
    mouse. To me both are very good. One mouse that I found that I really like
    for general word processing, and email is the CIRQUE GDU-410. It is bit
    expensive, but I like it a lot. This is a touch pad mouse.

    As for wireless keyboards, and mice, I don't like them. They use batteries,
    and have to be charged from time to time. If you forget to charge them, then
    you have no mouse our keyboard to work with.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Feb 8, 2005

  3. John

    Plato Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    > I am supporting many systems, and have a few here at home. I found for
    > myself, I like the standard keytronix keyboard, that is based on the old

    The Keytronix is a classic heavy duty keyboard. Used to cost us $19
    wholesale but I liked to include a nice keyboard with new systems or for
    sale when a user's ten buck keyboard failed in less than a year. Those
    five and ten dollar keyboards are just disposables.

    Plato, Feb 8, 2005