    invalid files. This will cause applications to crash or not run."
    How do I locate and identify these files?
    Thanks...................

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003

  2. miss calm

    Osprey Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    news:bgmrbf$372$...
    > Hi,
    > I downloaded a demo called 'PC Doctor on Call' It does not fix problems

    but
    > it does identify them.
    > I would be most grateful for advice on how to fix these problems which may
    > clear up some issues:
    > "The Microsoft Shared File section of your registry refers to one or more
    > invalid files. This will cause applications to crash or not run."
    > How do I locate and identify these files?
    > Thanks...................

    Take the outcome with a pinch of salt!

    Any applications crashing or don't run that you know about? Then panic;-)

    Osprey

    Osprey, Aug 5, 2003

  3. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Osprey" <> wrote in message

    > "miss calm" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I downloaded a demo called 'PC Doctor on Call' It does not fix problems

    > but
    > > it does identify them.
    > > I would be most grateful for advice on how to fix these problems which

    may
    > > clear up some issues:
    > > "The Microsoft Shared File section of your registry refers to one or

    more
    > > invalid files. This will cause applications to crash or not run."
    > > How do I locate and identify these files?
    > > Thanks...................

    > Take the outcome with a pinch of salt!
    >
    > Any applications crashing or don't run that you know about? Then panic;-)
    >
    > Osprey

    I am panicking! Thats why I posted!

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  4. miss calm

    °Mike° Guest

    Get rid of PC Doctor on call and use a free registry cleaner.
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:48:08 +0100, in
    <bgmrbf$372$>
    miss calm scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 5, 2003
  5. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Get rid of PC Doctor on call and use a free registry cleaner.
    > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html

    Excellent Mike, I'll do that....Thanks... :)

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  6. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Get rid of PC Doctor on call and use a free registry cleaner.
    > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html

    Hi Mike,
    Recently I signed up to an accelerator called Marketscore. It didnt work and
    turned out to be spyware, I have been trying to get it off my system. Now
    when I clicked the link you gave I got the following message:
    "You have been directed to this page because there are errors with your
    Marketscore configurations and settings. Marketscore members, please go to
    the Members section at www.marketscore.com and configure your browser."
    The problem is that I can't remember the user name and password that I gave
    them. How do I shake them off and get that Registry Cleaner?
    Thanks,
    miss calm.

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  7. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:itNXa.5526$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    ||| Hi Mike,
    ||| Recently I signed up to an accelerator called Marketscore. It didnt
    ||| work and turned out to be spyware, I have been trying to get it off
    ||| my system. Now when I clicked the link you gave I got the following
    ||| message: "You have been directed to this page because there are
    ||| errors with your Marketscore configurations and settings.
    ||| Marketscore members, please go to the Members section at
    ||| www.marketscore.com and configure your browser."
    ||| The problem is that I can't remember the user name and password
    ||| that I gave them. How do I shake them off and get that Registry
    ||| Cleaner?
    ||| Thanks,
    ||| miss calm.
    || Do you have Ad-Aware installed on your system?
    || If so, run it to see if it can remove the offending marketscore
    || components.
    || --
    || www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    || www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe ver 6 build 181
    || www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref 01R205 03.08.2003

    Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not email.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003
  8. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > miss calm said:
    >
    > > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Get rid of PC Doctor on call and use a free registry cleaner.
    > >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html
    > >>

    > > Hi Mike,
    > > Recently I signed up to an accelerator called Marketscore. It didnt work

    and
    > > turned out to be spyware, I have been trying to get it off my system.

    Now
    > > when I clicked the link you gave I got the following message:
    > > "You have been directed to this page because there are errors with your
    > > Marketscore configurations and settings. Marketscore members, please go

    > > the Members section at www.marketscore.com and configure your browser."
    > > The problem is that I can't remember the user name and password that I

    gave
    > > them. How do I shake them off and get that Registry Cleaner?
    > > Thanks,
    > > miss calm.
    > >

    > Do you have Ad-Aware installed on your system?
    > If so, run it to see if it can remove the offending marketscore

    components.

    Hi Mike,
    Yes, everytime I go online marketscore deposits programs, and everytime I go
    online I request Ad-aware to remove them. How to block them altogether is
    the thing?
    Thanks,
    miss calm.

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  9. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message

    > In news:itNXa.5526$,
    > Brian H¹© <> typed
    > || Do you have Ad-Aware installed on your system?
    > || If so, run it to see if it can remove the offending marketscore
    > || components.
    > || --
    > || www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    > || www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe ver 6 build 181
    > || www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref 01R205 03.08.2003
    >
    > Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not email.

    Happily, if you explain what that is........

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  10. miss calm

    Boomer Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in
    > "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In news:itNXa.5526$,
    >> Brian H¹© <> typed

    [snip]
    >> Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not
    >> email.

    > Happily, if you explain what that is........

    Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.

    Boomer, Aug 5, 2003
  11. miss calm

    Boomer Guest

    "miss calm" <> wrote in

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> miss calm said:
    >>
    >> > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> >>
    >> > Hi Mike,
    >> > Recently I signed up to an accelerator called Marketscore. It
    >> > didnt work

    > and
    >> > turned out to be spyware, I have been trying to get it off my
    >> > system.

    > Now
    >> > when I clicked the link you gave I got the following message:
    >> > "You have been directed to this page because there are errors
    >> > with your Marketscore configurations and settings.
    >> > Marketscore members, please go

    >> > the Members section at www.marketscore.com and configure your
    >> > browser." The problem is that I can't remember the user name
    >> > and password that I

    > gave
    >> > them. How do I shake them off and get that Registry Cleaner?
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > miss calm.
    >> >

    >> Do you have Ad-Aware installed on your system?
    >> If so, run it to see if it can remove the offending marketscore

    > components.
    >
    > Hi Mike,
    > Yes, everytime I go online marketscore deposits programs, and
    > everytime I go online I request Ad-aware to remove them. How to
    > block them altogether is the thing?
    > Thanks,
    > miss calm.

    You are replying to Brian H¹©. Not to °Mike°.

    Boomer, Aug 5, 2003
  12. miss calm

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boomer said:

    > "miss calm" <> wrote in
    >> "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> In news:itNXa.5526$,
    >>> Brian H¹© <> typed

    > [snip]
    >>> Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not
    >>> email.

    >> Happily, if you explain what that is........

    > Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.

    Oh, is Robert de Troll talking from the killfile? I thought that was a sign of a
    goomer.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003
  13. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "miss calm" <> wrote in
    > > "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> In news:itNXa.5526$,
    > >> Brian H¹© <> typed

    > [snip]
    > >> Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not
    > >> email.

    > > Happily, if you explain what that is........

    > Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.

    Bloody French Scotsman eh?

    miss calm, Aug 5, 2003
  14. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Boomer said:
    >
    >> "miss calm" <> wrote in
    >>> "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message

    >> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Happily, if you explain what that is........

    >> Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.

    >Oh, is Robert de Troll talking from the killfile? I thought that was a sign of a
    >goomer.

    No - everything you post, Brain, is a 'sign of a goomer'.
    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  15. "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

    >In news:itNXa.5526$,
    >Brian H¹© <> typed
    >|| Do you have Ad-Aware installed on your system?
    >|| If so, run it to see if it can remove the offending marketscore
    >|| components.
    >|| --
    >|| www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    >|| www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6181.exe ver 6 build 181
    >|| www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref 01R205 03.08.2003
    >
    >Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not email.

    Heh. Brain thinks that the ad-aware files he touts in his sigfile are
    "his". ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  16. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:CRQXa.5706$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| "miss calm" <> wrote in
    ||| [snip]
    ||| Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.
    || Oh, is Robert de Troll talking from the killfile? I thought that was
    || a sign of a goomer.

    Yet you can still see my messages. Wow, the wonders of the modern age.

    Practice what you preach, Dopey.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003
  17. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:bgp27a$uc5$,
    miss calm <> typed
    || "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    ||| "miss calm" <> wrote in
    ||| [snip]
    ||| Robert de Brus was talking to Brian H¹©, not to you.
    || Bloody French Scotsman eh?

    Well that's where the lowland, landed Scots came from.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003
  18. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:p,
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> typed
    ||| Please remove url sig from your messages. This is usenet, not email.
    || Heh. Brain thinks that the ad-aware files he touts in his sigfile are
    || "his". ;o)

    Brian's the only one with permission to use sigs in usenet.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 5, 2003
  19. miss calm

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:24:38 +0100, in
    <bgo7lq$1cp$>
    miss calm scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Get rid of PC Doctor on call and use a free registry cleaner.
    >> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/jv16.html
    >>

    >Hi Mike,
    >Recently I signed up to an accelerator called Marketscore. It didnt work and
    >turned out to be spyware, I have been trying to get it off my system. Now
    >when I clicked the link you gave I got the following message:
    >"You have been directed to this page because there are errors with your
    >Marketscore configurations and settings. Marketscore members, please go to
    >the Members section at www.marketscore.com and configure your browser."
    >The problem is that I can't remember the user name and password that I gave
    >them. How do I shake them off and get that Registry Cleaner?
    >Thanks,
    >miss calm.

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 5, 2003
  20. "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

    >In news:p,
    >Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> typed
    >|| Heh. Brain thinks that the ad-aware files he touts in his sigfile are
    >|| "his". ;o)
    >
    >Brian's the only one with permission to use sigs in usenet.

    Brain's the 'sig-master' - or should that be 'sigmoid-master'?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 7, 2003