Microsoft Internet Explorer JavaScript OnLoad Handler Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Imhotep, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Imhotep, Dec 19, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Imhotep

    Todd H. Guest

    Todd H., Dec 20, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    > Imhotep <> writes:
    >> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799

    >
    > And specifically,
    >
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799/solution
    >
    > which we all warmly embrace because Imhotep might eventually quit
    > crying about how unreasonable Microsoft was to not release a patch to
    > a vulnerability that they didn't know was remotely exploitable with
    > arbitrary code.
    >


    No, Imhotep was "crying" because the information what not disseminated to
    people to better protect themselves. You freak...

    Imhotep
     
    Imhotep, Dec 20, 2005
    #3
  4. Imhotep

    Todd H. Guest

    Imhotep <> writes:
    > Todd H. wrote:
    > > Imhotep <> writes:
    > >> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799

    > >
    > > And specifically,
    > >
    > > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799/solution
    > >
    > > which we all warmly embrace because Imhotep might eventually quit
    > > crying about how unreasonable Microsoft was to not release a patch
    > > to a vulnerability that they didn't know was remotely exploitable
    > > with arbitrary code.

    >
    > No, Imhotep was "crying" because the information what not
    > disseminated to people to better protect themselves. You freak...


    That'd be revisionist history I'm afraid. But you did at least pick
    the the one reasonable part of your multifaceted whine to summarize
    your argument.

    This is the unreasonable part that I'm refering to just so we are
    clear: http://groups.google.com/group/alt....ead/989f1153451cf8ba/cbb0f3e8549aae16?rnum=11

    imhotep> Again, low are not it HAS BEEN 6 months. Second, Microsoft
    imhotep> obviously dropped the ball in evaluating the security
    imhotep> hole....for 6 months...which is the point of this thread.
    imhotep>
    imhotep> Imhotep

    and
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/b537498e2e6a5735

    imhotep> Now, face it, once and for all, your mighty Microsoft, yet
    imhotep> again, screwed thier customers by not putting any "research"
    imhotep> into evaluating this serious security hole.

    Which reinforced that you expected Microsoft to proactively fix a
    serious security hole before anyone in the world knew it was serious.
    That's when you graduated into a whiner in that thread and everyone
    (rightly) piled on.

    It is rare, though, that one manages to mix the demand for 20/20
    foresight from a corporation the size of Microsoft while exercising
    artistic license on the history of his own rantings. Good show, lad!


    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
     
    Todd H., Dec 21, 2005
    #4
  5. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    > Imhotep <> writes:
    >> Todd H. wrote:
    >> > Imhotep <> writes:
    >> >> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799
    >> >
    >> > And specifically,
    >> >
    >> > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13799/solution
    >> >
    >> > which we all warmly embrace because Imhotep might eventually quit
    >> > crying about how unreasonable Microsoft was to not release a patch
    >> > to a vulnerability that they didn't know was remotely exploitable
    >> > with arbitrary code.

    >>
    >> No, Imhotep was "crying" because the information what not
    >> disseminated to people to better protect themselves. You freak...

    >
    > That'd be revisionist history I'm afraid. But you did at least pick
    > the the one reasonable part of your multifaceted whine to summarize
    > your argument.
    >
    > This is the unreasonable part that I'm refering to just so we are
    > clear:
    >

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....ead/989f1153451cf8ba/cbb0f3e8549aae16?rnum=11
    >
    > imhotep> Again, low are not it HAS BEEN 6 months. Second, Microsoft
    > imhotep> obviously dropped the ball in evaluating the security
    > imhotep> hole....for 6 months...which is the point of this thread.
    > imhotep>
    > imhotep> Imhotep
    >
    > and
    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.computer.security/msg/b537498e2e6a5735
    >
    > imhotep> Now, face it, once and for all, your mighty Microsoft, yet
    > imhotep> again, screwed thier customers by not putting any "research"
    > imhotep> into evaluating this serious security hole.
    >
    > Which reinforced that you expected Microsoft to proactively fix a
    > serious security hole before anyone in the world knew it was serious.
    > That's when you graduated into a whiner in that thread and everyone
    > (rightly) piled on.
    >
    > It is rare, though, that one manages to mix the demand for 20/20
    > foresight from a corporation the size of Microsoft while exercising
    > artistic license on the history of his own rantings. Good show, lad!
    >
    >
    > Best Regards,


    Freak boy:

    Is it unreasonable to ask the richest company in the World to fix their
    software problems? Write timely patches that work? Be on top of the
    security holes that it produces? I think not. BECAUSE they did not fix it
    quickly, they ALLOWED people to find how to truly exploit it. It is idiots
    like you that say "It is only a DOS" and 6 months later, still on patched,
    it becomes a full fledged remote exploit. It is mindless people like you,
    freak boy, that me laugh! Thanks for that at least!

    Imhotep
     
    Imhotep, Dec 21, 2005
    #5
  6. Imhotep

    Todd H. Guest

    Imhotep <> writes:

    > Is it unreasonable to ask the richest company in the World to fix their
    > software problems? Write timely patches that work? Be on top of the
    > security holes that it produces? I think not. BECAUSE they did not fix it
    > quickly, they ALLOWED people to find how to truly exploit it.


    You are correct. The world is a bad place. Death to Microsoft,
    and damn their calculated risk!

    But then again, using Windows is all about calculated risk.

    > It is idiots like you that say "It is only a DOS" and 6 months
    > later, still on patched, it becomes a full fledged remote
    > exploit. It is mindless people like you, freak boy, that me laugh!
    > Thanks for that at least!


    Ah, the Ad Hominem gambit, the favored refuge of the frustrated.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
     
    Todd H., Dec 21, 2005
    #6
  7. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    > Imhotep <> writes:
    >
    >> Is it unreasonable to ask the richest company in the World to fix their
    >> software problems? Write timely patches that work? Be on top of the
    >> security holes that it produces? I think not. BECAUSE they did not fix it
    >> quickly, they ALLOWED people to find how to truly exploit it.

    >
    > You are correct. The world is a bad place. Death to Microsoft,
    > and damn their calculated risk!


    No, damn the idiots that waste time with lame foolishness...

    > But then again, using Windows is all about calculated risk.


    Much like reading your "informative" comments?

    >> It is idiots like you that say "It is only a DOS" and 6 months
    >> later, still on patched, it becomes a full fledged remote
    >> exploit. It is mindless people like you, freak boy, that me laugh!
    >> Thanks for that at least!

    >
    > Ah, the Ad Hominem gambit, the favored refuge of the frustrated.
    >
    > You're welcome.


    ....like I said before, you have a purpose in life! See, all those people
    were *really* wrong!

    PS Always remember we are laughing *with* you...

    Imhotep
     
    Imhotep, Dec 21, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Imhotep
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    458
    Imhotep
    Jun 3, 2006
  2. imhotep
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    457
    imhotep
    Jun 21, 2006
  3. imhotep
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    605
    imhotep
    Jun 21, 2006
  4. imhotep
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    610
    Sebastian Gottschalk
    Jun 28, 2006
  5. imhotep
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    544
    imhotep
    Jun 23, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page