Microsoft-Google battle heats up

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    Microsoft-Google battle heats up

    Microsoft's chief executive vowed to "kill Google" in an expletive-laden
    tirade against the firm, according to US court documents filed by
    Google.
    The claim was made in a sworn statement by Mark Lucovsky, a former
    Microsoft employee who quit for Google in 2004.

    Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer has denied the claims, saying they are a
    "gross exaggeration of what actually took place".

    The statement is the latest salvo in a bitter legal battle between the
    firms.

    In his sworn statement, Mr Lucovsky - a key Windows architect - alleged
    that Mr Ballmer hurled a chair across the room when he informed him he
    was moving to Google, before launching into an abusive tirade against
    Google's chief executive Eric Schmidt.

    However, Mr Ballmer has dismissed the claims.

    Complete article at:

    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Dave Doe

    Squirrel Guest

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:42:46 +1200, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >Microsoft-Google battle heats up
    >
    >Microsoft's chief executive vowed to "kill Google" in an expletive-laden
    >tirade against the firm, according to US court documents filed by
    >Google.
    >The claim was made in a sworn statement by Mark Lucovsky, a former
    >Microsoft employee who quit for Google in 2004.
    >
    >Microsoft chief Steve Ballmer has denied the claims, saying they are a
    >"gross exaggeration of what actually took place".
    >
    >The statement is the latest salvo in a bitter legal battle between the
    >firms.
    >
    >In his sworn statement, Mr Lucovsky - a key Windows architect - alleged
    >that Mr Ballmer hurled a chair across the room when he informed him he
    >was moving to Google, before launching into an abusive tirade against
    >Google's chief executive Eric Schmidt.
    >
    >However, Mr Ballmer has dismissed the claims.
    >
    >Complete article at:
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4213466.stm

    Well, look at the salaries then tell me, where are the adults in all
    of this? Last time I threw a chair (not at anyone) I got forced to
    remove myself from the organisation, and I was merely a volunteer, no
    fancy salary to hide behind

    Squirrel

    Squirrel, Sep 7, 2005