    4. Click on "Get Directions"

    No comment...just a huge LoL!

    mother should i trust the government -- pink floyd

    ams67, Jan 20, 2005

  2. ams67

    Chris Hope Guest

    ams67 wrote:

    > 1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    > 2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Haugesund" into the "City" field
    > 3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Trondheim" into the "City" field
    > 4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >
    > No comment...just a huge LoL!

    Phew, that's quite a drive. I hope you don't have to do it often ;)

    Chris Hope, Jan 20, 2005

  3. ams67

    EMB Guest

    ams67 wrote:
    > 1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    > 2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Haugesund" into the "City" field
    > 3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Trondheim" into the "City" field
    > 4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >
    > No comment...just a huge LoL!

    That's the sort of thing that happens when I let my wife navigate :)

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Jan 20, 2005
  4. ams67

    Matty Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > ams67 wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    >> 2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >> "Haugesund" into the "City" field
    >> 3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >> "Trondheim" into the "City" field
    >> 4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >>
    >> No comment...just a huge LoL!

    > That's the sort of thing that happens when I let my wife navigate :)

    Try going to "Oslo" instead of "Trondheim".
    It's even more ridiculous!

    Matty, Jan 20, 2005
  5. ams67

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    "ams67" <> wrote:

    > 1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    > 2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Haugesund" into the "City" field
    > 3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    > "Trondheim" into the "City" field
    > 4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >
    > No comment...just a huge LoL!

    Must use the ancient Viking Route pioneered some 1100 years ago, or
    perhaps its and indication how pissed the average slavic gets when the
    leave the country.....lol

    whoisthis, Jan 20, 2005
  6. There may be a shortcut via some backroads. But you would need to ask
    the locals!

    Anonymous Man Walking, Jan 20, 2005
  7. EMB said the following on 21/01/2005 10:41 a.m.:
    > ams67 wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    >> 2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >> "Haugesund" into the "City" field
    >> 3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >> "Trondheim" into the "City" field
    >> 4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >>
    >> No comment...just a huge LoL!

    > That's the sort of thing that happens when I let my wife navigate :)

    Is your domain name email working, sent a couple to it and wondered?

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it.
    Geniuses remove it

    Collector»NZ, Jan 20, 2005
  8. ams67

    Axle Guest

    whoisthis wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "ams67" <> wrote:
    >

    >>1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    >>2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >>"Haugesund" into the "City" field
    >>3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >>"Trondheim" into the "City" field
    >>4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >>
    >>No comment...just a huge LoL!

    > Must use the ancient Viking Route pioneered some 1100 years ago, or
    > perhaps its and indication how pissed the average slavic gets when the
    > leave the country.....lol

    Slavic ? also sounds a little geographically challenged.
    Nordic maybe.

    or Geordie, perhaps its got something to do with Jimmy Nail.
    Even if you click the shortest route option it still insists on a trip
    to Newcastle on Tyne

    Axle, Jan 20, 2005
  9. ams67

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:56:08 +1300, "ams67"
    <> wrote:

    >1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    >2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >"Haugesund" into the "City" field
    >3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >"Trondheim" into the "City" field
    >4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >
    >No comment...just a huge LoL!

    Typical of Microsoft's convoluted way of doing things.

    GraB, Jan 21, 2005
  10. ams67

    -=rjh=- Guest

    whoisthis wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "ams67" <> wrote:
    >

    >>1. Go to http://mappoint.msn.com/DirectionsFind.aspx
    >>2. In the Start section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >>"Haugesund" into the "City" field
    >>3. In the End section, select "Norway" from the listbox and enter
    >>"Trondheim" into the "City" field
    >>4. Click on "Get Directions"
    >>
    >>No comment...just a huge LoL!

    > Must use the ancient Viking Route pioneered some 1100 years ago, or
    > perhaps its and indication how pissed the average slavic gets when the
    > leave the country.....lol

    You're probably right - IIRC scandinavian countries pay quite high taxes
    on alcohol; as a result scandinavians tend to get horribly messy on the
    ferries to UK and Europe.

    Hence choosing a route that maximises ferry time :)

    -=rjh=-, Jan 21, 2005