Microsoft Gets Tough(er) on Windows Piracy...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. steve

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:52:03 +1200, Rob J wrote:

    >>> Who needs Pro at home?

    >>Anybody who wants an uncrippled version of Windoze.

    > Uncrippled by what?
    >
    > You could argue Pro is crippled compared to Server. So what?

    Why spend money on deliberately crippled software?

    Bling Bling

    --
    "Linux and MySQL are going to keep chipping away at Micro$ofts' install base
    and it is terrified. Why else would they keep spouting on about how awful

    Bling-Bling, Aug 2, 2005

  2. steve

    shannon Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:

    >>>Anybody who wants an uncrippled version of Windoze.

    >>Uncrippled by what?
    >>
    >>You could argue Pro is crippled compared to Server. So what?

    > Why spend money on deliberately crippled software?
    >

    > Bling Bling

    It makes it easier to catch if it runs away.

    shannon, Aug 2, 2005

  3. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    shannon wrote:
    > Bling-Bling wrote:

    >>> Uncrippled by what?
    >>>
    >>> You could argue Pro is crippled compared to Server. So what?

    >> Why spend money on deliberately crippled software?
    >>

    >> Bling Bling
    >>

    > It makes it easier to catch if it runs away.

    <g>
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 2, 2005
  4. steve

    Rob J Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:46:29 +1200, Bling-Bling
    <> wrote:

    >>>Anybody who wants an uncrippled version of Windoze.

    >> Uncrippled by what?
    >>
    >> You could argue Pro is crippled compared to Server. So what?

    >Why spend money on deliberately crippled software?

    All software is crippled in some way.

    It's no different from getting a lighter Linux distro, it all depends
    on your needs.

    Rob J, Aug 3, 2005
  5. steve

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:11:56 +1200, shannon wrote:

    >> Why spend money on deliberately crippled software?

    > It makes it easier to catch if it runs away.

    LOL!

    Bling Bling

    --
    Groklaw: "Seriously, the problem Microsoft has with its FUD is this: it waited
    too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in

    Bling-Bling, Aug 5, 2005
  6. steve

    RadioNutter Guest

    Re: Microsoft Gets Tough(er) on Windows Piracy.........CRACKED!!!!

    Thursday, July 28, 2005
    Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h:
    window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all'
    "This week, Microsoft started requiring users to verifiy their serial
    number before using Windows Update. This effort to force users to either buy
    XP or tell them where you got the illegal copy is called 'Genuine
    Advantage.' It was cracked within 24 hours."

    Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address
    bar and press enter:

    javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

    It turns off the trigger for the key check.

    Good try Microsoft!!!!!!!

    RadioNutter, Aug 6, 2005