Microsoft Forces SP2 Update On All XP And XP SP1 Machines

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 22, 2005.

    1. Advertising

  1. Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005

  2. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steven Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:16:23 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

    > http://channels.lockergnome.com/win...p2_update_on_all_xp_and_xp_sp1_machines.phtml

    ok, i just dont get it.

    people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
    (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
    that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.

    blimy, some people.

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)
    steven, Feb 22, 2005
  3. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:16:23 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >
    >> http://channels.lockergnome.com/win...p2_update_on_all_xp_and_xp_sp1_machines.phtml

    >ok, i just dont get it.
    >
    >people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
    >(fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
    >that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
    >
    >blimy, some people.

    You can't update a Pirated version..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 22, 2005
  4. BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>blimy, some people.

    > You can't update a Pirated version..

    bullshit.
    I have a friend of a friend(who conveniently for legal purposes I can't
    remember the name of), who has an SP2 machine running fine using a
    pirated(generated) Key.
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005
  5. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:

    > ok, i just dont get it.
    >
    > people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated
    > systems (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers),
    > and now that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
    >
    > blimy, some people.

    Here's a radical possibility... Is it possible that different people are
    bitching about different things?

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Feb 23, 2005
  6. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Benji Thorn, Feb 23, 2005
  7. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    colinco Guest

    In article Benji Thorn says...
    > A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than 6.2
    > will not work with SP2 *AND* to get the upgrade you have to pay. Updates
    > from Nero are free, upgrades are not.
    >
    > That bit me in the ass yesterday!!!

    What stopped working? 5.5 here still apparently OK with SP2
    colinco, Feb 23, 2005
  8. colinco wrote:
    >>A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than 6.2
    >>will not work with SP2 *AND* to get the upgrade you have to pay. Updates
    >>from Nero are free, upgrades are not.
    >>That bit me in the ass yesterday!!!

    > What stopped working? 5.5 here still apparently OK with SP2

    5.0.xx at home worked fine, have since moved to 6.x but yeah, it worked
    no trouble.

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 23, 2005
  9. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Drudge Guest

    Drudge, Feb 23, 2005
  10. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Richard Guest

    ic, urs is a pirated version

    Richard, Feb 23, 2005
  11. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steven Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:17:45 +1300, AD. wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:
    >
    >> ok, i just dont get it.
    >>
    >> people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated
    >> systems (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers),
    >> and now that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
    >>
    >> blimy, some people.

    > Here's a radical possibility... Is it possible that different people are
    > bitching about different things?

    nah cant be possible

    --
    -------------------------------------
    steven, Feb 23, 2005
  12. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:

    > ok, i just dont get it.
    >
    > people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
    > (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
    > that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
    >
    > blimy, some people.

    Yep they are way ahead of the pack.

    The idea of freedom is involved here, you know the stuff the President of
    the US of A keeps talking about, as well as peace.
    Gordon, Feb 23, 2005
  13. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Max Burke Guest

    > Benji Thorn scribbled:
    > A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than
    > 6.2 will not work with SP2 *AND* to get the upgrade you have to pay.
    > Updates from Nero are free, upgrades are not.
    > That bit me in the ass yesterday!!!

    I'm running Nero Express V5.5.10.56 quite happily on XP Pro SP2.

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Feb 23, 2005
  14. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steven Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:48:51 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:10:06 +1300, steven wrote:
    >
    >> ok, i just dont get it.
    >>
    >> people bitched about the fact that ms didnt want to upgrade pirated systems
    >> (fair enough - there paying for the bandwidth from their servers), and now
    >> that upgrade is compulsary (and still free) people still bitch.
    >>
    >> blimy, some people.

    > Yep they are way ahead of the pack.
    >
    > The idea of freedom is involved here, you know the stuff the President of
    > the US of A keeps talking about, as well as peace.

    wtf does the antichrist have to do with this?

    --
    -------------------------------------
    steven, Feb 23, 2005
  15. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    Adder, Feb 23, 2005
  16. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    In article <421bd378$> in nz.comp on Wed, 23 Feb 2005
    13:51:07 +1300, Benji Thorn <> says...
    > A word of warning to everyone about SP2. Nero versions earlier than 6.2
    > will not work with SP2

    not
    MAY not working with SP2
    the warning message can be ingored to a certain extend
    Adder, Feb 23, 2005
  17. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    bok Guest

    Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>>blimy, some people.

    >> You can't update a Pirated version..

    > bullshit.
    > I have a friend of a friend(who conveniently for legal purposes I can't
    > remember the name of), who has an SP2 machine running fine using a
    > pirated(generated) Key.

    So let's see if my sister's brother is me, a friend of a friend might be
    who? :)

    --
    bok
    bok, Feb 23, 2005
  18. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Benji Thorn Guest

    All I shall say that it is very very easy to install SP2 on a pirated XP
    machine but why people would want to is beyond me. SP2 breaks so many
    things it is not funny.

    Benji Thorn, Feb 24, 2005
  19. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    In article <421d43c2$> in nz.comp on Thu, 24 Feb 2005
    16:02:29 +1300, Benji Thorn <> says...
    > All I shall say that it is very very easy to install SP2 on a pirated XP
    > machine but why people would want to is beyond me. SP2 breaks so many
    > things it is not funny.

    lol
    sp2 FIXES so many things it is funny :)

    probally 100s of bufs fixed in Sp2. read the docos
    Adder, Feb 24, 2005