    DVD Drive

    NB I have trialed Windows XP home edition [ ie 32 bit ] on this same machine
    and FSX with complete stability under Windows XP home edition.
    =?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFuIFdhaW5lcg==?=, Jan 31, 2007

  2. This could very well be a Video Driver issue. FS9 runs wonderfully on my
    system, I am not going to invest in FSX before I can have full DX10 support,
    which means 'going Vista', so I may not be a reliable source of info.
    Whenever I have Graphics problems, I'll go to:

    http://www.ngohq.com

    and check out what they have in terms of 'Optimized Drivers'. I would go to
    the manufacturers site and check older drivers too.

    Tony. . .

    "Adrian Wainer" <Adrian Wainer @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have had considerable problems running Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX

    under
    > Windows XP Professional x64, typically the screen freezes after a short

    time
    > in the sim and the only thing to do is reboot to the operating system,

    other

    Tony Sperling, Jan 31, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFuIFdhaW5lcg==?=

    Buzz Guest

    Buzz, Jan 31, 2007
  4. "Buzz" wrote:

    > I run FSX on my XP64 machine without any issues. It works flawlessly. I
    > think Tony makes a good point. I would make sure your running the
    > latest "best" video card drivers.
    >

    > --
    > Buzz
    > Buzz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=14338
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=670707
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    thanks Tony and Buzz, an X64 driver came with CD in the box with the
    Gainward Card and I downloaded an X64 driver for the Logitec joystick from
    Logitec's website but I'll try and get a driver from for the graphic card
    Gainward's website in case it is morte suitable.

    Best and Warm Regards
    Adrian Wainer
    =?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFuIFdhaW5lcg==?=, Jan 31, 2007
  5. And do not forget to check with whoever made the actual chip, Ati - nVidia -
    Intel? Those drivers are often refered to as 'Reference drivers' the should
    be stable, but may not support all the features of your specific card - they
    do however also support a wider product line and all cards may not behave
    the same.

    The options are there, you should be able to dig something up that'll fix
    it.

    And remember to un-install your driver and re-boot into VGA before
    installing the new driver. Not always neccessary, but wise!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 31, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFuIFdhaW5lcg==?=

    Dshai Guest

    Keep your Gainward disk handy, due to past experience Gainward cards don't
    always like drivers for the chipset specific, often installing them leads to
    a boot loop.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 1, 2007
  7. I never had one of those - are they OC'ed from factory?

    Tony. . .

    "Dshai" <> wrote in message
    > Keep your Gainward disk handy, due to past experience Gainward cards don't
    > always like drivers for the chipset specific, often installing them leads

    > a boot loop.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dshai
    >
    > Life is only limited by those living it...
    >
    > "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    > > And do not forget to check with whoever made the actual chip, Ati -
    > > nVidia -
    > > Intel? Those drivers are often refered to as 'Reference drivers' the
    > > should
    > > be stable, but may not support all the features of your specific card -
    > > they
    > > do however also support a wider product line and all cards may not

    behave
    > > the same.
    > >
    > > The options are there, you should be able to dig something up that'll

    fix
    > > it.
    > >
    > > And remember to un-install your driver and re-boot into VGA before
    > > installing the new driver. Not always neccessary, but wise!
    > >

    > > Tony. . .
    > >

    > > "Adrian Wainer" <> wrote in

    message

    Tony Sperling, Feb 1, 2007
  8. "Tony Sperling" wrote:

    > I never had one of those - are they OC'ed from factory?

    Hi Tony, this is the Gainward Card and yes they come overclocked straight
    out of the box.

    http://www.pcsilenzioso.it/forum/showthread.php?t=703

    I started to have some suspicions that the Realtek audio was causing the
    problems, so I disabled the driver for the Realtek and since then:

    MS FSX, MS FS2004 and MS Train Simulator have been running perfectly, so I
    am downloading the updated drivers from ASUS and Realtek and hopefully when I
    install whichever is the newer of the two, I will get my sound back whilst
    retaining the new found stability in running these games application
    programmes.

    Best and Warm Regards
    Adrian Wainer
    =?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWFuIFdhaW5lcg==?=, Feb 3, 2007