    In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
    hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
    way.

    Will Spencer, Jul 24, 2009

  2. Will Spencer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$>,
    lid says...

    > http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/cnet.microsoft.windows/index.html
    >
    > Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
    > the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
    > and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.
    >
    > The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
    > differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
    > the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.
    >
    > In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
    > hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
    > way.

    Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jul 24, 2009

  3. On Jul 24, 12:51 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$>,
    > says...
    >

    > >http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/cnet.microsoft.windows/index.html

    > > Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
    > > the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
    > > and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.

    > > The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
    > > differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
    > > the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.

    > > In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
    > > hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
    > > way.

    > Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

    did you try it?
    Nathan Mercer, Jul 24, 2009
  4. Will Spencer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <d1249c60-db0d-42e6-b2cd-
    >, says...
    > On Jul 24, 12:51 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > > In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$>,
    > > says...
    > >

    > > >http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/23/cnet.microsoft.windows/index.html

    > > > Microsoft on Wednesday said it has finalized the code for Windows 7, paving
    > > > the way for the new operating system to make its way onto retail shelves
    > > > and new PCs in time for its October 22 launch.

    > > > The software maker is hoping the response to the new operating system
    > > > differs from the lukewarm reviews and compatibility challenges that marked
    > > > the release of Windows Vista, which hit the market in January 2007.

    > > > In contrast to Vista, Windows 7 has been marked by the company consistently
    > > > hitting its deadlines and receiving largely positive feedback along the
    > > > way.

    > > Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

    > did you try it?

    I have been, and still am, yes. I think it's the best OS MS have
    produced, however, I also think *all* existing Vista licences should
    have a free update to Windows 7 (Vista SP2).

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jul 24, 2009
  5. Will Spencer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    says...
    > In article <d1249c60-db0d-42e6-b2cd-
    > >, says...
    > > On Jul 24, 12:51 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > > > In article <5mgj1nq9d85w$.1kw3c699wlbfx$>,
    > > > says...

    > > > Hmmmm Vista SP2 - LOL

    > > did you try it?

    > I have been, and still am, yes. I think it's the best OS MS have
    > produced, however, I also think *all* existing Vista licences should
    > have a free update to Windows 7 (Vista SP2).

    I should add... Office 10... OK, a long way to release time, but man, MS
    have a lot of bugs to fix. Looking forward to being able to deploy in
    particular Outlook 10 with it's much improved caching and thread
    following. Very impressive, particularly the speed improvements
    (caching), but a lot of bugs to go.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jul 24, 2009