    icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont delete
    or remove.
    Thanks.........
    maria, Jan 14, 2004

  2. maria

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
    Reboot.

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
    <bu26je$v51$>
    maria scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004

  3. maria

    miss calm Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message
    > Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
    > Reboot.
    >

    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
    > <bu26je$v51$>
    > maria scrawled:
    >
    > >Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

    Installation
    > >icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

    delete
    > >or remove.
    > >Thanks.........

    Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a Rundell
    32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
    operation'
    So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
    advice
    Thanks.

    miss calm, Jan 14, 2004
  4. maria

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:17:19 -0000, in
    <bu3fbs$9n8$>
    miss calm scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    >> Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
    >> Reboot.
    >>

    >> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
    >> <bu26je$v51$>
    >> maria scrawled:
    >>
    >> >Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

    >Installation
    >> >icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

    >delete
    >> >or remove.
    >> >Thanks.........

    >Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a Rundell
    >32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
    >operation'
    >So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
    >advice
    >Thanks.

    Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
    There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004
  5. maria

    Iceman Guest

    "maria" <> wrote in message
    > Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon' Installation
    > icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

    delete
    > or remove.

    TweakUI can remove stuff from your Desktop. Freeware.
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/tweakui.html
    Iceman, Jan 14, 2004
  6. maria

    miss calm Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:17:19 -0000, in
    > <bu3fbs$9n8$>
    > miss calm scrawled:
    >

    > >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    > >> Control Panel / Network -- remove MS Family Logon.
    > >> Reboot.
    > >>

    > >> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:41:32 -0000, in
    > >> <bu26je$v51$>
    > >> maria scrawled:

    > >Installation

    > >delete

    > >Thank you Mike. I followed the proceedure you recommended but got a

    Rundell
    > >32 error message with the text 'This programme has performed an illegal
    > >operation'
    > >So the Network Neighborhood' icon still in place, grateful for further
    > >advice
    > >Thanks.

    > Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
    > There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

    Maybe I spelt it wrong but there is. It may be linked to another function
    such as IE I dont know. Anyway very grateful for your help. I got it after
    the fifth try. :)

    miss calm, Jan 14, 2004
  7. maria

    miss calm Guest

    Iceman <> wrote in message
    > "maria" <> wrote in message
    > > Just had my PC reinstalled. I have a 'Microsoft Family Logon'

    Installation
    > > icon on my desktop. Anyone know how to remove the darn thing? It wont

    > delete
    > > or remove.

    > TweakUI can remove stuff from your Desktop. Freeware.
    > http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/tweakui.html

    Thanks Iceman, Its fixed now but I'll make a note of it. :)

    miss calm, Jan 14, 2004
  8. maria

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:52:31 GMT, in
    <>
    David A. Seiver scrawled:

    >On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:26:55 +0000, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Now try giving the *real* error message - verbatim.
    >>There is no such thing as a "Rundell 32" error message.

    >Probably meant "RUNDLL32, which is an executable to run DLL files as
    >programs. The error just means it couldn't locate the program.

    I am well aware what rundll32 is, thank you. How do you come
    to the conclusion that "This programme has performed an illegal
    operation" means that it couldn't locate the program?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004