Microsoft Fails the Standards Test

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sweetpea, Apr 2, 2010.

  1. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    Microsoft Fails the Standards Test

    http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

    "" Just before the final votes were counted, Microsoft made some commitments. Mr Chris Capossela
    (Senior VP, Microsoft Office) wrote an open letter promising what would happen if the Standard passed.
    Two years on, we can fill out a report card for a couple of these promises and determine how well
    Microsoft is doing.
    If Microsoft ship Office 2010 to handle only the Transitional variant of ISO/IEC 29500 they should
    expect to be roundly condemned for breaking faith with the International Standards community. This is
    not the format “approved by ISO/IECâ€, it is the format that was rejected.

    However, it is foolish to believe they won’t ship it as is – and before long the world will be faced with
    responding to that release. In my view moving forward from there will be difficult. ""

    So... that which we predicted would happen appears to be about to happen after all - namely that Micro
    $oft wouldn't willingly support a standard file format that was out of its direct control.

    Sweetpea, Apr 2, 2010

  2. Sweetpea

    Your Name Guest

    "Sweetpea" <> wrote in message
    > Microsoft Fails the Standards Test
    >
    > http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

    Microsloth never sticks to anyone else's standards - they always try to make
    their own and then expect everyone else to bow down to them, and usually
    everyone is stupid enough to do exactly that, which is why we end up with
    the idiocy of things like horrible websites that only work with Internet
    Exploiter. :-(
    Your Name, Apr 2, 2010

  3. Sweetpea

    Peter Guest

    Your Name wrote:
    > "Sweetpea" <> wrote in message
    >> Microsoft Fails the Standards Test
    >> http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

    > Microsloth never sticks to anyone else's standards - they always try to
    > make their own and then expect everyone else to bow down to them, and
    > usually everyone is stupid enough to do exactly that, which is why we end
    > up with the idiocy of things like horrible websites that only work with
    > Internet Exploiter. :-(

    and thousands of businesses that are *still* stubbornly sticking with IE6
    because they have built their business systems around broken protocols.
    Peter, Apr 2, 2010
  4. In article <hp5kff$kgj$>, "Your Name" <> wrote:

    >"Sweetpea" <> wrote in message
    >> Microsoft Fails the Standards Test
    >>
    >> http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

    >Microsloth never sticks to anyone else's standards - they always try to make
    >their own and then expect everyone else to bow down to them, and usually
    >everyone is stupid enough to do exactly that, which is why we end up with
    >the idiocy of things like horrible websites that only work with Internet
    >Exploiter. :-(

    We know the basic MS agenda regarding standards from many examples ...
    adopt
    extend
    break

    No surprises here. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 6, 2010
  5. Sweetpea

    victor Guest

    On 06/04/10 11:26, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article<hp5kff$kgj$>, "Your Name"<> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Sweetpea"<> wrote in message
    >>> Microsoft Fails the Standards Test
    >>>
    >>> http://www.adjb.net/post/Microsoft-Fails-the-Standards-Test.aspx

    >> Microsloth never sticks to anyone else's standards - they always try to make
    >> their own and then expect everyone else to bow down to them, and usually
    >> everyone is stupid enough to do exactly that, which is why we end up with
    >> the idiocy of things like horrible websites that only work with Internet
    >> Exploiter. :-(

    > We know the basic MS agenda regarding standards from many examples ...
    > adopt
    > extend
    > break
    >
    > No surprises here. :)

    Go haters !!
    Microsoft eats babies !!
    victor, Apr 6, 2010
  6. In article <hpe86s$vts$-september.org>, victor <> wrote:
    >On 06/04/10 11:26, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article<hp5kff$kgj$>, "Your Name"<>

    > wrote:
    >>> "Sweetpea"<> wrote in message
    >>> Microsloth never sticks to anyone else's standards - they always try to make
    >>> their own and then expect everyone else to bow down to them, and usually
    >>> everyone is stupid enough to do exactly that, which is why we end up with
    >>> the idiocy of things like horrible websites that only work with Internet
    >>> Exploiter. :-(

    >> We know the basic MS agenda regarding standards from many examples ...
    >> adopt
    >> extend
    >> break
    >> No surprises here. :)

    >Go haters !!
    >Microsoft eats babies !!

    LOL. I doubt they eat babies ... but, no one should be surprised by MS's
    recent actions given the long list of their previous ones. By their actions
    shall ye know them. :)

    < ... and anyone with baby eating eveidence, please produce it. :) >
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 6, 2010