    I have work experience with AD, GPO, Managing Windows 2000 Network But
    no experience with Exchange OR SQL.

    Thanks for your help.
    Sam, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Sam

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Which Elective Exams should i take? I am trying to decide between one
    > of the following.
    >
    > (1) Exam 70-224: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    > Exchange 2000 Server
    >
    > (2) Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    > SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
    >
    > I have work experience with AD, GPO, Managing Windows 2000 Network But
    > no experience with Exchange OR SQL.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Which one will be more useful to you?
    Ben Smith, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Million dollar question is!!!!

    Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)
    Sam, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Sam

    Jtyc Guest

    > Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)

    Which area are you more interested in? I wouldn't take them until you build
    your own Exchange and/or SQL boxes and mess with them. No point in testing
    if you've never touched them before.
    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Sam

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Million dollar question is!!!!
    >
    > Which one will be more useful to my next employer!!!!! :)

    Then my answer it neither, but you are running into a chicken and egg
    problem now.
    Ben Smith, Jun 2, 2005
  6. No doubt. The last time I tried to stuff an egg in a chicken.......... No
    wait that's not what you were talking about was it. Yeah..um, nevermind.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 3, 2005
  7. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Well I need to get MCSE, so i have to take one of this elective. I will
    build my own Exchange OR SQL server box, once i decide which one i am
    going to take. I am not saying i will be expert after taking exam, but
    it will give me some knowledge. Well the question comes down to which
    one would be more helpful in the future jobs.

    Thanks
    Sam, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Sam

    Kat Guest

    Send pics please

    --
    Kat
    MCNGP # 29, MCDBA # ? of Millions

    What woud you do for a Kit Kat bar?

    Kat, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Sam

    Sam Guest

    u got any solutions?????
    Sam, Jun 3, 2005
  10. Sam

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Sam expostulated for all the world to
    hear;

    > u got any solutions?????

    I've got some extra "y"s and "o"s lying around. Would you like to borrow
    some?

    The point they are trying to get across is, without experience to back up
    the cert, neither is going to make much of a difference. Both are probably
    about equal as far as value after the fact. That is why you were told to
    pick the one you are most interested/capable in.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jun 3, 2005
  11. Sam

    Sam Guest

    Thanks for your input. I think i will have to decide myself.

    Thanks again everyone for their time..

    Sam
    Sam, Jun 3, 2005
  12. Although I have both SQL and Exchange in my domain, I personally would go for
    the SQL stuff. More and more companies are adopting SQL as their database
    server of choice. There are still a lot of alternatives to Exchange out
    there. Just my 2 cents worth. Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uYXRob3NwaWNl?=, Jun 3, 2005