Microsoft Excel

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?QWRvbmFp?=, Feb 23, 2007.

  1. I am trying to understand the practical application of an 'absolute formula'.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRvbmFp?=, Feb 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QWRvbmFp?=

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Feb 24, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWRvbmFp?=

    Kurt Guest

    Adonai wrote:
    > I am trying to understand the practical application of an 'absolute formula'.

    There are many, but a common use might be where multiple cells calculate
    interest based on a percentage in a single cell.

    A1: 20%

    B2: =B1 * $A$1
    C2: =C1 * $A$1

    You can cut and paste from B1 to as many cells as you wish, and the
    formula will reference the cell to the left on it's own row for the
    initial value, but always use the percentage in A1 for the calculation.
    Then if you want to recalculate the whole sheet at 25%, just change A1
    and you're done.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Feb 27, 2007