    to a CTEC.

    Thanks for the help.

    BSB
    BSB, Sep 14, 2004

  2. circa Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:55:38 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, BSB () said,
    > Has anyone used the Microsoft E-Learning courses? Just
    > wondering if they are worth the money or if I should go
    > to a CTEC.

    You get them along with some of the CTEC courses, if that makes any
    difference to you.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 14, 2004

  3. BSB

    Guest Guest

    So you would recommend attending the CTEC over just doing
    the e-learning coursework?

    I have some experience in Windows Server 2003 but have
    spend most of my time in NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. I
    haven't attended any training and now have the opportunity
    to get some training with me new employer. We have some
    training through centriq training centers.

    I currently have a four server setup that I experiment
    with Windows 2000 (AD) and Citrix, amoung other things.
    Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
    my self study.

    Thanks

    BSB

    Guest, Sep 14, 2004
  4. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again <> spewed in news:1dd801c49a62
    $17ce8720$:

    > Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
    > my self study.

    yes, you should. The benefit of a GOOD CTEC is that it might have a GOOD
    trainer who can bring you not only what's in the book (never enough for a
    test and never should be) and some real world experience. you can pick
    thier brian and ask the questions that are pertinent to your work. after
    the course you can go back and play with stuff and self-study for teh
    exam (the only way to do it). If your employer is paying for it, it's
    worth it to pick a good trainers brain. trick is finding the good
    trainers....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 14, 2004
  5. BSB

    BSB Guest

    Thanks for the insight. I will start asking around and see
    if the CTEC has anyone that is worth taking a class from.
    The Citrix instructor was very good. Maybe he will be
    doing the MS stuff as well.

    Thanks for your help.

    BSB

    BSB, Sep 14, 2004
  6. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "BSB" <> spewed in news:0a4801c49a68
    $178c1830$:

    > Thanks for the insight. I will start asking around and see
    > if the CTEC has anyone that is worth taking a class from.
    > The Citrix instructor was very good. Maybe he will be
    > doing the MS stuff as well.

    if you liked teh Citrix instructor it might also be worth hooking up with
    him/her and having them recommend a trainer...

    I would also encourage you to interview the trainer your self prior to
    the course if you are concerned about the quality...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 14, 2004
  7. BSB

    BSB Guest

    Neil
    Thanks for the info. I took your advice and called the
    Citrix instructor that I had last spring. Looks like he
    has two classes starting soon that haven't been
    advertised. Since I have already taken the 70-210 &215
    test I will be working on the 216 and 217 test with him.
    He doesn't work for a CTEC but the course material is
    offical Microsoft curriculum so I figure I am safe on
    working through the company he is working with.

    Thanks for the advice.

    BSB

    BSB, Sep 14, 2004

  8. >-----Original Message-----

    >you can pick thier brian

    Yeah... and their brain too!!!! 2 for 1!!!!
    Keyboard Cowboy, Sep 14, 2004
  9. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Keyboard Cowboy"
    <> spewed in news:0b9301c49a76
    $2a775aa0$:

    > Yeah... and their brain too!!!! 2 for 1!!!!

    friggin' speelers

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 14, 2004
  10. circa Tue, 14 Sep 2004 06:52:37 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, () said,
    > So you would recommend attending the CTEC over just doing
    > the e-learning coursework?
    >
    > I have some experience in Windows Server 2003 but have
    > spend most of my time in NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. I
    > haven't attended any training and now have the opportunity
    > to get some training with me new employer. We have some
    > training through centriq training centers.
    >
    > I currently have a four server setup that I experiment
    > with Windows 2000 (AD) and Citrix, amoung other things.
    > Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
    > my self study.

    If your employer is paying for it, I'd say it's definitely worth
    attending ILT.

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 14, 2004
  11. circa Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:20:29 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    > you can pick
    > thier brian

    Does Brian get a say in this?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 14, 2004
  12. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson <>
    spewed in news::

    > Does Brian get a say in this?

    furrfu! YES EYE KANT SPOLL!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  13. circa Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:34:16 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    > babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson <>
    > spewed in news::
    >
    > > Does Brian get a say in this?

    > furrfu! YES EYE KANT SPOLL!!!

    We know, but it's such fun to pick on it...
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 15, 2004
  14. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson <>
    spewed in news::

    > We know, but it's such fun to pick on it...

    just so long as you don't expect my spelling to improve...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  15. circa Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:39:52 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    > babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson <>
    > spewed in news::
    >
    > > We know, but it's such fun to pick on it...

    > just so long as you don't expect my spelling to improve...

    Of course not.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 15, 2004
  16. BSB

    BSB Guest

    ()
    >said,
    >> babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson

    <>

    >> > We know, but it's such fun to pick on it...

    >> just so long as you don't expect my spelling to

    improve...

    >Of course not.
    >--
    >Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
    >-Oscar Wilde
    >.

    I wasn't expecting to get you in such a pickle Neil.
    Damn my questions anyway!

    BSB
    BSB, Sep 15, 2004
  17. BSB

    catwalker63 Guest

    "BSB" <> prattled ceaslessly in news:10f601c49adb$ae675760
    $:

    > I wasn't expecting to get you in such a pickle Neil.
    > Damn my questions anyway!
    >
    > BSB

    No worries. He's always in a pickle. He's not a stupid as he writes.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "If you think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight."
    catwalker63, Sep 15, 2004
  18. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "BSB" <> spewed in news:10f601c49adb
    $ae675760$:

    > I wasn't expecting to get you in such a pickle Neil.
    > Damn my questions anyway!
    >
    > BSB

    'sokay...I like it when Laura picks on me...my mom says it's becuase she
    likes me...
    ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  19. BSB

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again catwalker63 <> spewed
    in news:Xns9564E1C58AEE7catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136:

    > He's not a stupid as he writes.

    THANK DEITY!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Sep 15, 2004
  20. circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:52:35 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    > > I wasn't expecting to get you in such a pickle Neil.
    > > Damn my questions anyway!
    > >
    > > BSB

    > 'sokay...I like it when Laura picks on me...my mom says it's becuase she
    > likes me...
    > ;)

    Now if you could just move out of her basement...
    -Oscar Wilde
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 15, 2004