Microsoft drops support for WIN 98 on Dec 15

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ben, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Ben, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Ben

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Ben postulated...

    > Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
    > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

    Whoopee. Xmas comes early.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Ben

    Artemis Guest

    Ben wrote:
    > Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
    > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

    No, they aren't. That article does not say that. Read it again.

    Quote from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin
    regarding Win98 and Win98SE support.

    Extended hotfix support for this product will end on 30-Jun-2003. After
    16-Jan-2004, this product will be obsolete and assisted support will no
    longer be available from Microsoft. Online self-help support will
    continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2006.

    --
    Artemis
    Artemis, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Ben

    Artemis Guest

    Artemis, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Ben

    STP Guest

    my company (that i work for) has been aware of this drop of win 98 for a
    while now, microsoft will still provide online suppot. through articles and
    archives of known issues. mainly due to the fact that many of these articles
    are still applicable to newer os as well, but live tech support will be
    droped for both old and new cust. of course starting with all new coming
    cust.

    STP, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Ben

    Boomer Guest

    "STP" <> wrote in

    > my company (that i work for) has been aware of this drop of win 98
    > for a while now, microsoft will still provide online suppot.
    > through articles and archives of known issues. mainly due to the
    > fact that many of these articles are still applicable to newer os
    > as well, but live tech support will be droped for both old and new
    > cust. of course starting with all new coming cust.

    Please reply to the person who asked the question.

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    --
    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
    -anOLDun
    Boomer, Dec 10, 2003