    --
    Michael Gossett
    A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

    Michael Gossett, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Michael Gossett

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
    > */cough* ??

    That thought had occurred to me, too. If that is the reason, I doubt very
    much they'd state such, as it could result in a major lawsuit. Makes one
    wonder if P/V is the test center of choice in countries that tend to be a
    little-less-than-honest with their testing centers.

    Frisbee®, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Michael Gossett

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Yes, I do know the real reason behind the decision to stick with a single
    exam provider, and it had nothing to do with braindumps. To my
    understanding Pearson/Vue's reputation is stellar, as is demonstrated by so
    many exam partners sticking with them.

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com

    Montreal MCT, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Michael Gossett

    Jason Paper Guest

    Kind of interesting since Cisco announced they were going to be exclusive
    with PearsonVue.

    http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_071107.html

    Jason

    Jason Paper, Jul 16, 2007
  5. Michael Gossett

    Steve Ray Guest

    Maybe you would be so kind so share this evidence then please ?

    Steve

    Steve Ray, Jul 16, 2007
  6. Obviously, sharing that information would require your swift, painful death.

    Nobody wants that.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Jul 16, 2007
  7. "Jason Paper" <> wrote in message

    > Kind of interesting since Cisco announced they were going to be exclusive
    > with PearsonVue.
    >

    > http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_071107.html
    >
    > Jason
    >

    > --
    > "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
    > > */cough* ??
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael Gossett
    > > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

    So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
    honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
    Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
    center.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 16, 2007
  8. Michael Gossett

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <>
    prattled ceaselessly in news:O5d3Gq$:

    >> --
    >> "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message
    >> > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing
    >> > braindumps */cough* ??
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Michael Gossett
    >> > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator
    >> >

    > So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
    > honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
    > Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
    > center.

    Since P/V and Prometric are in competition, P/V will loose the revenue
    from MS tests. And it is a major item. I won't use Prometric so I won't
    be taking any further MS tests. Some people will not be able to because
    they don't have a Prometric testing center near them. And if you think
    they'll get one anytime soon, given Prometric's history of poor
    performance, you are naive.

    I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
    many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
    Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
    patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 17, 2007
  9. Michael Gossett

    Frisbee® Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <>
    > prattled ceaselessly in news:O5d3Gq$:
    >

    >>> --
    >>> "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in message

    >> So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
    >> honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
    >> Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
    >> center.
    >>

    > Since P/V and Prometric are in competition, P/V will loose the revenue
    > from MS tests. And it is a major item. I won't use Prometric so I won't
    > be taking any further MS tests. Some people will not be able to because
    > they don't have a Prometric testing center near them. And if you think
    > they'll get one anytime soon, given Prometric's history of poor
    > performance, you are naive.
    >
    > I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
    > many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
    > Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
    > patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.

    The more poasts of yours that I read, the more that I believe we are kindred
    spirits. I really don't need to poast anymore at all. You always seem to
    say exactly what I'm thinking.

    Are you my sock?

    Frisbee®, Jul 17, 2007
  10. Michael Gossett

    John R Guest

    > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
    > */cough* ??
    >
    > --
    > Michael Gossett
    > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

    My thought would be just what they said. They want to be more responsive in
    delivering newer tests and newer testing technologies. Dealing with one
    partner is less confusing/aggrevating than dealing with two. It is probably
    difficult for them currently to get everyone to agree to get on the same
    page now. If everyone doesn't agree on something, you can't implement it
    too well. By partnering with a single vendor, you eliminate one party in
    those negotiations and Prometric probably agreed to just rubber stamp any
    changes they want. I feel bad for PearsonVue. I did all my testing with
    them. I have no experience with Prometric. However, I would bet that
    Microsoft feels that if someone wants certification bad enough, they will
    find a testing center.

    John R

    John R, Jul 17, 2007
  11. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > you are naive.
    >
    > I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
    > many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
    > Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
    > patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Aren't we in a "catty" mood tonight?!? You and others have said it on
    more than one occasion that Microsoft doesn't care about... well
    anything but money. So why would this surprise you? I am not happy about
    it. I have no feelings regarding it at all. As far as patronizing you, I
    don't think I did or ever have? You are speaking in generalities.
    Friends? :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 17, 2007
  12. Michael Gossett

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:

    > The more poasts of yours that I read, the more that I believe we are kindred
    > spirits. I really don't need to poast anymore at all. You always seem to
    > say exactly what I'm thinking.
    >
    > Are you my sock?

    I am not a sock!

    BTW: I sent an email complaint to MS and now they're trying to blow
    sunshine and roses up my @$$. Fsck 'em!
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 17, 2007
  13. Michael Gossett

    catwalker63 Guest

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] piffled away vaguely:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> you are naive.
    >>
    >> I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
    >> many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
    >> Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
    >> patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.
    >>

    > Aren't we in a "catty" mood tonight?!? You and others have said it on
    > more than one occasion that Microsoft doesn't care about... well
    > anything but money. So why would this surprise you? I am not happy about
    > it. I have no feelings regarding it at all. As far as patronizing you, I
    > don't think I did or ever have? You are speaking in generalities.
    > Friends? :)

    I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I am not Miss Mary Sunshine. I am the
    evil b!tch monster of death. That's twice I've seen you try the
    "settle down people" approach to this issue. That's not a generality
    and it is patraonizing. This is a hugely stupid move in a year when MS
    has screwed the pooch every which way they turn. You're entitled to
    have no opinion but I'd recommend not standing in the way of the flame
    throwers.

    catwalker63, Jul 17, 2007
  14. Michael Gossett

    catwalker63 Guest

    Mostly Gizzards piffled away vaguely:

    > Obviously, sharing that information would require your swift, painful death.
    >
    > Nobody wants that.

    Speak for yourself. :D

    catwalker63, Jul 17, 2007
  15. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I am not Miss Mary Sunshine. I am the
    > evil b!tch monster of death. That's twice I've seen you try the
    > "settle down people" approach to this issue. That's not a generality
    > and it is patraonizing. This is a hugely stupid move in a year when MS
    > has screwed the pooch every which way they turn. You're entitled to
    > have no opinion but I'd recommend not standing in the way of the flame
    > throwers.

    I do enjoy your commentary! BTW just out of curiosity, what did
    Microsoft say to you?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 17, 2007
  16. *cough* NO *cough*

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 17, 2007
  17. You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering exams do
    you? Trust me they are not in it for the money. It's simply a loss leader.
    And with Prometric itsa bigger loss, they cost quite a bit more to operate
    than VUE centers do.And no We are not even if Cisco goes one way and MS gos
    the other. I think its stupid on both accounts because now smaller test
    centers are forced to stay with both. I admit I'd be less upset if MS had
    picked VUE, but personally I think they should have left it alone or improve
    a dual EDP system. Droping to a single EDP is not improvement for the test
    taker or the test center. Orme for that matter when I have to defend a
    choice I have very little information about.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..
    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:O5d3Gq$...

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 17, 2007
  18. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message

    > You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering exams do
    > you?

    Having worked for a CLC/Exam Provider (Prometric to be exact) I am aware
    of the lack of money these exams generate for a center. My remarks were
    tongue-in-cheek to the opposition who states this is a monetary issue.
    It very well could be. However, I do believe this was a well thought out
    deal and not some shot from the hip decision made by Microsoft AND
    Prometric. Time will ultimately tell if this move was a good deal all
    the way around. Just out of curiosity, are people getting upset now that
    Cisco is aligned with VUE now?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 17, 2007
  19. Doubtful, like I said I'd be less upset if MS went VUE because they ARE the
    better provider. But I still think ultimately it is a bad idea to move to a
    single EDP. Let Prometric suck and let me still choose something better. Its
    like when the cable company tells you how great service is because it's a
    controlled monopoly. So I can say when its just Prometric again you will
    have the best possible service and testing experience Microsoft can offer!
    It'll be a true statement. When there is only one it is the best.

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 17, 2007
  20. Michael Gossett

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]"
    <> say in news:uFXMa4CyHHA.1212
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > Having worked for a CLC/Exam Provider (Prometric to be exact) I am aware
    > of the lack of money these exams generate for a center.

    actually, it's more like negative revenue.

    - A computer's attention span is as long as its power cord.

    Neil, Jul 17, 2007