Microsoft drops Pearson Vue as exam provider?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Lukas Beeler, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Lukas Beeler

    Lukas Beeler Guest

    http://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/home/gsn/msvoucher

    According to this Pearson Vue FAQ, Microsoft is going to stop
    testing with Pearson Vue. No idea why, and i have found no
    official announcement of this. Rather interesting, because most
    testing centers located near Horgen are primarily Pearson Vue.

    Information from Vue directly is spotty:

    We have not been informed of the reason for this decision.
    Feedback we have received from Microsoft employees and
    partners over the years has been overwhelmingly positive.
    Please contact Microsoft for details.

    And things seem to happen rather quickly:

    Between now and 31st August 2007, Pearson VUE can
    register candidates for any Microsoft exam that is
    delivered by 31st December 2007, via any means of
    payment. After 31st August Pearson VUE will only be able
    to register candidates with pre-paid vouchers, as long as
    the exam is delivered by 31st December 2007.

    More Info here:

    http://projectdream.org/wordpress/2007/07/05/microsoft-to-stop-testing-with-pearson-vue/

    --
    Read my blog at http://projectdream.org
    Lukas Beeler, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Lukas Beeler

    catwalker63 Guest

    Lukas Beeler piffled away vaguely:

    > http://www.pearsonvue.co.uk/home/gsn/msvoucher
    >
    > According to this Pearson Vue FAQ, Microsoft is going to stop
    > testing with Pearson Vue. No idea why, and i have found no
    > official announcement of this. Rather interesting, because most
    > testing centers located near Horgen are primarily Pearson Vue.
    >
    > Information from Vue directly is spotty:
    >
    > We have not been informed of the reason for this decision.
    > Feedback we have received from Microsoft employees and
    > partners over the years has been overwhelmingly positive.
    > Please contact Microsoft for details.
    >
    > And things seem to happen rather quickly:
    >
    > Between now and 31st August 2007, Pearson VUE can
    > register candidates for any Microsoft exam that is
    > delivered by 31st December 2007, via any means of
    > payment. After 31st August Pearson VUE will only be able
    > to register candidates with pre-paid vouchers, as long as
    > the exam is delivered by 31st December 2007.
    >
    > More Info here:
    >
    > http://projectdream.org/wordpress/2007/07/05/microsoft-to-stop-testing-with-pearson-vue/

    Prometric sucks!

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Both true and sadly accurate.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle

    Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
    Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

    Register on-line @ vue.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 6, 2007
  4. It is ture, and an offical statement will be coming shortly from Microsoft
    Leaning.

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 6, 2007
  5. Lukas Beeler

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jul 6, 7:53 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote:
    > Both true and sadly accurate.
    >
    > --
    > .rev

    I have heard of this decision too. But I don't think Prometric sucks.
    Atleast not as much as Vue. Just my point of Vue. ;-)
    I guess we can expect an official statement in the matter shortly.
    Cerebrus, Jul 6, 2007
  6. Lukas Beeler

    kpg Guest

    Cerebrus <> wrote in news:1183740442.316200.326540
    @j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > On Jul 6, 7:53 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote:
    >> Both true and sadly accurate.
    >>
    >> --
    >> .rev

    > I have heard of this decision too. But I don't think Prometric sucks.
    > Atleast not as much as Vue. Just my point of Vue. ;-)
    > I guess we can expect an official statement in the matter shortly.

    OK Fine. If MS wants I can set up a testing center in my garage. I have
    a few old computers I could set up and I catch anyone trying to cheat I
    can let the dogs loose.

    kp "free beer for scores over 900" g
    kpg, Jul 6, 2007
  7. "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in

    > It is ture, and an offical statement will be coming shortly from
    > Microsoft Leaning.

    That sucks, the girl working the front desk at my local Vue test center is
    soooooooooooooooooooooo cute. I guess I'll have to start studying for my
    CCNA or something :p
    Red Swingline Stapler, Jul 6, 2007
  8. http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx

    Here is the first semi-officla statments. Trika is THE Marketing Girl for
    Microsoft Learning. Her blog entry from this morning has some detail.

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 6, 2007
  9. Also a link to the MSL FAQ about the change...

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/register/edp/faq/default.mspx

    The Rev [MCT], Jul 6, 2007
  10. Lukas Beeler

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "The Rev [MCT]" <> say in

    > Both true and sadly accurate.

    and not sitting well with a specific community (nor me)

    - When uncertain, or in doubt, run in circles and scream.
    Neil, Jul 6, 2007
  11. Lukas Beeler

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > kp "free beer for scores over 900" g

    this is tempting...

    - Vegetarian (adj.): Old Indian word for "doesn't hunt well."
    Neil, Jul 6, 2007
  12. Lukas Beeler

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jul 6, 11:44 pm, Neil <> wrote:
    > did you hear kpg <> say innews:Xns996579ABE46CFipostthereforeiam@207.46.248.16:
    >
    > > kp "free beer for scores over 900" g

    > this is tempting...

    Does this offer have effect retrospectively ? I scored above 900 on
    three exams... but that was more than a year back.
    Cerebrus, Jul 7, 2007
  13. Lukas Beeler

    catwalker63 Guest

    Cerebrus piffled away vaguely:

    > On Jul 6, 11:44 pm, Neil <> wrote:
    >> did you hear kpg <> say innews:Xns996579ABE46CFipostthereforeiam@207.46.248.16:
    >>
    >> > kp "free beer for scores over 900" g

    >> this is tempting...

    > Does this offer have effect retrospectively ? I scored above 900 on
    > three exams... but that was more than a year back.

    Oh! I did it on 4. I was 2 years ago but it should still count.

    catwalker63, Jul 7, 2007
  14. <snip>
    Oh! I did it on 4. I was 2 years ago but it should still count.
    </snip>

    If thats the case then you couldn't afford me. :)

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    The Rev [MCT], Jul 7, 2007
  15. Lukas Beeler

    Thor Guest

    On 6 Jul, 18:56, kpg <> wrote:
    > Cerebrus <> wrote in news:1183740442.316200.326540
    > @j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > On Jul 6, 7:53 pm, "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote:
    > >> Both true and sadly accurate.

    > >> --
    > >> .rev

    > > I have heard of this decision too. But I don't think Prometric sucks.
    > > Atleast not as much as Vue. Just my point of Vue. ;-)
    > > I guess we can expect an official statement in the matter shortly.

    > OK Fine. If MS wants I can set up a testing center in my garage. I have
    > a few old computers I could set up and I catch anyone trying to cheat I
    > can let the dogs loose.
    >
    > kp "free beer for scores over 900" g

    half a beer for 450?
    53
    Thor, Jul 8, 2007
  16. Lukas Beeler

    catwalker63 Guest

    Thor piffled away vaguely:

    > On 6 Jul, 18:56, kpg <> wrote:
    >>
    >> kp "free beer for scores over 900" g

    > half a beer for 450?
    > 53

    No. For that score we get to tie you up, drink your beer in front of
    you, and throw burning marshmallows at you.

    catwalker63, Jul 8, 2007
  17. Lukas Beeler

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jul 8, 9:51 pm, catwalker63 <> wrote:

    > No. For that score we get to tie you up, drink your beer in front of
    > you, and throw burning marshmallows at you.
    > --

    Even more tempting ! ( $1 to Neil )
    Cerebrus, Jul 9, 2007
  18. Lukas Beeler

    kpg Guest

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in news:uVSP$zMwHHA.3500
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > <snip>
    > Oh! I did it on 4. I was 2 years ago but it should still count.
    > </snip>
    >
    > If thats the case then you couldn't afford me. :)

    No. Sorry. Some restrictions apply. Not valid in all states.
    Your milage may vary. Your mother wears combat boots. Results
    not typical. See our website for details and important
    limitations. May cause blindness, vomiting and bloat. Ask your
    doctor if free beer is for you. In the event your errection
    last more than four hours I hope you have a girlfriend nearby.
    kpg, Jul 9, 2007
  19. Lukas Beeler

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > May cause blindness, vomiting and bloat.

    " ...may cause the following symptoms: itchy rashes, full body hair loss,
    projectile vomiting, gigantic eyeball, the condition known as 'hot dog
    fingers,' children born with the head of a golden retriever, seeing the
    dead, bone liquification, possession by the Prince of Darkness, tail
    growth, elderly pregnancy...."

    - Carl Sagan as a child: "There must be HUNDREDS of 'em!"
    Neil, Jul 9, 2007
  20. Lukas Beeler

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Cerebrus <> say in

    > On Jul 8, 9:51 pm, catwalker63 <> wrote:
    >
    >> No. For that score we get to tie you up, drink your beer in front of
    >> you, and throw burning marshmallows at you.
    >> --

    > Even more tempting ! ( $1 to Neil )

    glad you said it...mmmm, marshmallows...OUCH! DO IT AGAIN!!!

    - Oxymoron # 603: We're from the Government. We're here to help.
    Neil, Jul 9, 2007