Microsoft Does It Again!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Julie P., Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Julie P., Oct 12, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:30:24 -0400, "Julie P."
    <> wrote:

    >Six new critical updates:
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx
    >
    >Happy Patching!

    Why thanky for that.
    Ain't it wonerful. Just one little update patch after another. Aren't
    we lucky to have such wonerful companies looking out after us.
    joevan
    joevan, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    EW Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    > Six new critical updates:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx
    >
    > Happy Patching!

    Upgrade to XP SP-2 and you won't have to worry.

    Or get an Apple, and have to worry about NOT having Windows!

    EW
    EW, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Julie P.

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Apple changes OS's more and has way more updates then MS.

    pcbutts1, Oct 13, 2004
  5. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
    12 Oct 2004 18:30:24 -0400, "Julie P." <>
    screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

    >Six new critical updates:
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx
    >
    >Happy Patching!

    I noticed you're not quickly running away from their OS or their
    applications:

    Whining fucks.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Julie P.

    PC Guest

    "EW" <> wrote in message

    > "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >> Six new critical updates:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx
    >>
    >> Happy Patching!
    >>

    > Upgrade to XP SP-2 and you won't have to worry.
    >
    > Or get an Apple, and have to worry about NOT having Windows!
    >
    > EW

    Well I've got SP2 installed and am downloading 3 new patches right now.

    Cheers
    Paul
    PC, Oct 13, 2004
  7. EW wrote:

    > "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >> Six new critical updates:

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx

    >> Happy Patching!

    > Upgrade to XP SP-2 and you won't have to worry.

    How is that going to install patches issued after SP2?

    > Or get an Apple, and have to worry about NOT having Windows!

    No need. Have a GameBoy.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 13, 2004
  8. Julie P.

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "PC" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "EW" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >
    : > "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >> Six new critical updates:
    : >>
    : >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx
    : >>
    : >> Happy Patching!
    : >>
    : >>
    : >
    : > Upgrade to XP SP-2 and you won't have to worry.
    : >
    : > Or get an Apple, and have to worry about NOT having Windows!
    : >
    : > EW
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Well I've got SP2 installed and am downloading 3 new patches right
    now.
    :
    : Cheers
    : Paul

    How? I cannot get to Microsoft ANYTHING. I tried using the Update link
    in the start menu, I tried typing it into my address bar, I tried
    clicking links that were posted here, but all I get, after a very long
    delay, is the "page cannot be displayed" page. Hell, I cant even go to
    msn.com, or hotmail.com., and I can't update my antivirus. What the
    heck is going on?
    PuppyKatt, Oct 13, 2004
  9. Julie P.

    Scrote Guest

    PuppyKatt wrote:
    >> "PC" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "EW" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well I've got SP2 installed and am downloading 3 new patches right
    >>> now.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Paul

    >> How? I cannot get to Microsoft ANYTHING. I tried using the Update
    >> link in the start menu, I tried typing it into my address bar, I
    >> tried clicking links that were posted here, but all I get, after a
    >> very long delay, is the "page cannot be displayed" page. Hell, I
    >> cant even go to msn.com, or hotmail.com., and I can't update my
    >> antivirus. What the heck is going on?

    Works OK here. (UK)

    --
    Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have to do it
    themselves.
    Scrote, Oct 13, 2004
  10. Julie P.

    Main Guest

    And next month we'll have patches for the patches on away we till we get SP3

    Main, Oct 13, 2004
  11. Julie P.

    DC Guest

    EW wrote:

    > "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >> Six new critical updates:

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx

    >> Happy Patching!

    > Upgrade to XP SP-2 and you won't have to worry.

    > Or get an Apple, and have to worry about NOT having Windows!

    Yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you?

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19056

    Neener. }:OP

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
    of nothing.
    DC, Oct 13, 2004
  12. Julie P.

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Oct 13, 2004
  13. Julie P.

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Hi Scrote. I still do not know why I could not access MS or McAfee, but the
    only solution was a complete format and re=installation of XP. Needless to
    say, I lost EVERYTHING. Could not even do a repair; when I tried that, all
    I got was a blnk desktop. No wallpaper, taskbar, nothing happened when I
    right-clicked; nothing happened when I hit CAD. I finally restarted via the
    reset button on the tower, clicked F* until I was able to get to the Format
    option. This time, when I formatted, I also created an extra partition so
    that if that ever happens again, I loose windows an the installed programs,
    but not the zipped and exe files for re-installing programs, and not my
    songs and other files.

    PuppyKatt, Oct 20, 2004
  14. Julie P.

    Scrote Guest

    PuppyKatt wrote:
    >> Hi Scrote. I still do not know why I could not access MS or McAfee,
    >> but the only solution was a complete format and re=installation of
    >> XP. Needless to say, I lost EVERYTHING. Could not even do a
    >> repair; when I tried that, all I got was a blnk desktop. No
    >> wallpaper, taskbar, nothing happened when I right-clicked; nothing
    >> happened when I hit CAD. I finally restarted via the reset button
    >> on the tower, clicked F* until I was able to get to the Format
    >> option. This time, when I formatted, I also created an extra
    >> partition so that if that ever happens again, I loose windows an the
    >> installed programs, but not the zipped and exe files for
    >> re-installing programs, and not my songs and other files.

    On the bright side, a clean updated install and a lesson learned re
    backup! ;-)
    Scrote, Oct 20, 2004