microsoft do not send email with attachments

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alan Goodjohn, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    microsoft do not send email with attachments
    regards Alan G
    MCP


    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.519 / Virus Database: 317 - Release Date: 17/09/03
    Alan Goodjohn, Sep 20, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Alan Goodjohn

    why? Guest

    X-No-Archive: Yes
    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:10:51 +0100, Alan Goodjohn wrote:

    Groan!!!!

    >remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >regards Alan G
    > MCP


    Missed Countless (other) Posts.

    <snip most of broken useless AVG sig. Usenet is not email>
    >Version: 6.0.519 / Virus Database: 317 - Release Date: 17/09/03


    Besides it's out of date, or at least my information tab has,

    Program Version 6.0.520
    Virus Database 318 18/09/03

    Me
    why?, Sep 20, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:


    >>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>regards Alan G
    >> MCP

    I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less than a
    day.
    Janet
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 20, 2003
    #3
  4. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Janet Sanderson said:

    > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    > <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>>regards Alan G
    >>> MCP

    > I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less than a
    > day.
    > Janet
    >
    >


    I got -0-.
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #4
  5. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Alan Goodjohn said:

    > remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    > microsoft do not send email with attachments
    > regards Alan G
    > MCP

    [snip]

    Thanks alan.
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #5
  6. Alan Goodjohn

    GateKeeper Guest

    I got "2" going on 100

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    news:3f6c9160$0$51624$
    GateKeeper, Sep 20, 2003
    #6
  7. Alan Goodjohn

    Greg M Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in
    news:3f6c9160$0$51624$:

    > Janet Sanderson said:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    >> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>>>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>>>regards Alan G
    >>>> MCP

    >> I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less than a
    >> day.
    >> Janet
    >>
    >>

    >
    > I got -0-.


    I've got -1- for you bay-bee. <SEG>
    Greg M, Sep 20, 2003
    #7
  8. On 20 Sep 2003 17:41:52 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:


    >I got -0-.

    HOW?
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 20, 2003
    #8
  9. Alan Goodjohn

    why? Guest

    X-No-Archive: Yes
    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:33:42 +0100, Janet Sanderson wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    ><fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>>regards Alan G
    >>> MCP

    >I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less than a
    >day.
    >Janet


    Still waiting on the 1st.

    Me
    why?, Sep 20, 2003
    #9
  10. Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
    news:...
    > X-No-Archive: Yes
    > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:10:51 +0100, Alan Goodjohn wrote:
    >
    > Groan!!!!
    >
    > >remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    > >microsoft do not send email with attachments
    > >regards Alan G
    > > MCP

    >
    > Missed Countless (other) Posts.
    >
    > <snip most of broken useless AVG sig. Usenet is not email>
    > >Version: 6.0.519 / Virus Database: 317 - Release Date: 17/09/03

    >
    > Besides it's out of date, or at least my information tab has,
    >
    > Program Version 6.0.520
    > Virus Database 318 18/09/03
    >
    > Me
    NewKillerStar, Sep 20, 2003
    #10
  11. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Greg M said:

    > Boomer <> wrote in
    > news:3f6c9160$0$51624$:
    >
    >> Janet Sanderson said:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    >>> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>>>>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>>>>regards Alan G
    >>>>> MCP
    >>> I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less
    >>> than a day.
    >>> Janet
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> I got -0-.

    >
    > I've got -1- for you bay-bee. <SEG>


    Mr. Jatt gave me a headache. I'm tired and my back aches.

    Maybe tomorrow? <bg>
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #11
  12. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Janet Sanderson said:

    > On 20 Sep 2003 17:41:52 GMT, Boomer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>I got -0-.

    > HOW?


    Never signing up for anything online (not even e-cards), not using
    IE/OE, being "very" careful who I give my real addy to, not posting
    my real, real address on usenet. Thats the only things I can think
    of that has saved my bacon all these years.
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #12
  13. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer said:

    > Janet Sanderson said:
    >
    >> On 20 Sep 2003 17:41:52 GMT, Boomer
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I got -0-.

    >> HOW?

    >
    > Never signing up for anything online (not even e-cards), not
    > using IE/OE, being "very" careful who I give my real addy to,
    > not posting my real, real address on usenet. Thats the only
    > things I can think of that has saved my bacon all these years.


    Oh and leaving e-mail on the server helps. :)
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #13
  14. >, not posting
    >my real, real address on usenet.


    Is this how the current worm is getting the email
    addresses...... form the Usenet mainly?
    john63401at yahoo dot com, Sep 20, 2003
    #14
  15. Alan Goodjohn

    Greg M Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in
    news:3f6c9b27$0$152$:

    > Greg M said:
    >
    >> Boomer <> wrote in
    >> news:3f6c9160$0$51624$:
    >>
    >>> Janet Sanderson said:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:29:34 GMT, why?
    >>>> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>>remeber all the udate email pretending to be microsoft?
    >>>>>>microsoft do not send email with attachments
    >>>>>>regards Alan G
    >>>>>> MCP
    >>>> I just got sent 34 from microsoft with attachments, in less
    >>>> than a day.
    >>>> Janet
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> I got -0-.

    >>
    >> I've got -1- for you bay-bee. <SEG>

    >
    > Mr. Jatt gave me a headache. I'm tired and my back aches.
    >
    > Maybe tomorrow? <bg>
    >


    I'll bring my fingers. ;-)~
    Greg M, Sep 20, 2003
    #15
  16. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    said:

    >>, not posting
    >>my real, real address on usenet.

    >
    > Is this how the current worm is getting the email
    > addresses...... form the Usenet mainly?


    Read some of the links below to find out more about this newest worm,
    named Swen.

    <Quote>
    ....Swen
    exploits a security hole in Microsoft's
    Internet Explorer Web browser."
    </Quote>
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112552,00.asp

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/32327.html
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/32410.html

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #16
  17. On 20 Sep 2003 18:31:14 GMT, Boomer <>
    wrote:

    >Boomer said:


    >Oh and leaving e-mail on the server helps. :)
    >

    sorry bit thick here, do you mean reading e mails from server and not
    deleting them, just leaving them there?
    Janet (who has emptied all temp internet files, and followed lots of
    the very much appreciated advice given)
    Janet Sanderson, Sep 20, 2003
    #17
  18. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Greg M said:

    [snip]
    > I'll bring my fingers. ;-)~


    ;-)~~~
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #18
  19. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Janet Sanderson said:

    > On 20 Sep 2003 18:31:14 GMT, Boomer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Boomer said:

    >
    >>Oh and leaving e-mail on the server helps. :)
    >>

    > sorry bit thick here, do you mean reading e mails from server
    > and not deleting them, just leaving them there?
    > Janet (who has emptied all temp internet files, and followed
    > lots of the very much appreciated advice given)
    >


    Yes. :)
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #19
  20. Alan Goodjohn

    Boomer Guest

    Janet Sanderson said:

    > On 20 Sep 2003 18:31:14 GMT, Boomer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Boomer said:

    >
    >>Oh and leaving e-mail on the server helps. :)
    >>

    > sorry bit thick here, do you mean reading e mails from server
    > and not deleting them, just leaving them there?
    > Janet (who has emptied all temp internet files, and followed
    > lots of the very much appreciated advice given)


    Here are some good programs to install and other info at the bottom.

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans, hijackers and
    security/privacy issues.
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster
    http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    A-spy For trojans hiding in startup entries.
    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    OutPost Firewall
    2.4MB
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpostfree.html
    http://www.agnitum.com/php_scripts/compare2.php

    Info on above and more.
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/spyware.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    --Unsolicited commercial software list and info--
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    --Other software--
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware
    Boomer, Sep 20, 2003
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Lynne Watkins
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    589
    rifleman
    Sep 4, 2003
  2. bub.mk
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,918
    Old Gringo
    Sep 29, 2004
  3. JustMe
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    513
    Toolman Tim
    Jun 16, 2005
  4. Billie Jo Ames

    why cant i send email messages from this email

    Billie Jo Ames, Jun 30, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    705
    The Old Sourdough
    Jun 30, 2005
  5. Replies:
    8
    Views:
    527
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Feb 24, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page