    cert only requires a MCITP Enterprise Administrator cert plus the 70-297
    exam. Is this all that you need, or do you have to apply for it, like the
    Microsoft Certified Architect certification?
    Dude, Jul 4, 2008

  2. "Dude" <> wrote in message
    news:D:

    > I just read about the new Microsoft Certified Master certification. Where
    > can I get more information about this new cert? It looks the Server 2008
    > cert only requires a MCITP Enterprise Administrator cert plus the 70-297
    > exam. Is this all that you need, or do you have to apply for it, like the
    > Microsoft Certified Architect certification?

    Dude, this certification is not your typical sit and test exam. To give
    you just a little idea:

    The programs are appropriate for those individuals who are highly
    experienced and highly specialized on one particular product and spend
    the majority of their time designing, building and troubleshooting
    solutions built on that product.

    The programs provide the deepest technical training available via top
    subject matter experts, and will validate individuals via rigorous
    ‘written’ and lab based exams.

    The programs consist of 3 weeks of mandatory training, 3 computer based
    tests, and one lab based exam.

    Here is the site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/master/default.mspx

    Just be prepared to invest A LOT of money for this...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    7:19 PM
    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 4, 2008

  3. Dude

    Dude Guest

    Oh, I get it. It's just a way for Microsoft to get A LOT more of my money.
    I heard that it can cost up to $18k for this training. Ouch.

    Dude, Jul 4, 2008
  4. "Dude" <> wrote in message

    > Oh, I get it. It's just a way for Microsoft to get A LOT more of my money.
    > I heard that it can cost up to $18k for this training. Ouch.
    >
    > "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
    >

    > > "Dude" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > > I just read about the new Microsoft Certified Master certification. Where
    > > > can I get more information about this new cert? It looks the Server 2008
    > > > cert only requires a MCITP Enterprise Administrator cert plus the 70-297
    > > > exam. Is this all that you need, or do you have to apply for it, like the
    > > > Microsoft Certified Architect certification?

    > > Dude, this certification is not your typical sit and test exam. To give
    > > you just a little idea:
    > >
    > > The programs are appropriate for those individuals who are highly
    > > experienced and highly specialized on one particular product and spend
    > > the majority of their time designing, building and troubleshooting
    > > solutions built on that product.
    > >
    > > The programs provide the deepest technical training available via top
    > > subject matter experts, and will validate individuals via rigorous
    > > ‘written’ and lab based exams.
    > >
    > > The programs consist of 3 weeks of mandatory training, 3 computer based
    > > tests, and one lab based exam.
    > >
    > > Here is the site:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/master/default.mspx
    > >
    > > Just be prepared to invest A LOT of money for this...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    > > The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    I think it's a good move for the Microsoft Certification Program. The
    MSCE (their elite certification back in the days) took a beating, died,
    was buried and came back as a zombie. I believe Microsoft is taking a
    page out of Cisco's CCIE program. As the saying goes, if you want to be
    successful, find someone who is successful and copy them. The Novell
    community can attest this as Microsoft's M.O.. :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 4, 2008
  5. "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message

    > "Dude" <> wrote in message
    >

    > > Oh, I get it. It's just a way for Microsoft to get A LOT more of my money.
    > > I heard that it can cost up to $18k for this training. Ouch.
    > >
    > > "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:
    > >

    > > > "Dude" <> wrote in message

    > > > Dude, this certification is not your typical sit and test exam. To give
    > > > you just a little idea:
    > > >
    > > > The programs are appropriate for those individuals who are highly
    > > > experienced and highly specialized on one particular product and spend
    > > > the majority of their time designing, building and troubleshooting
    > > > solutions built on that product.
    > > >
    > > > The programs provide the deepest technical training available via top
    > > > subject matter experts, and will validate individuals via rigorous
    > > > ‘written’ and lab based exams.
    > > >
    > > > The programs consist of 3 weeks of mandatory training, 3 computer based
    > > > tests, and one lab based exam.
    > > >
    > > > Here is the site:
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/master/default.mspx
    > > >
    > > > Just be prepared to invest A LOT of money for this...
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    > > > The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com
    > > >

    > I think it's a good move for the Microsoft Certification Program. The
    > MSCE (their elite certification back in the days) took a beating, died,
    > was buried and came back as a zombie. I believe Microsoft is taking a
    > page out of Cisco's CCIE program. As the saying goes, if you want to be
    > successful, find someone who is successful and copy them. The Novell
    > community can attest this as Microsoft's M.O.. :)
    >

    > The MSCE (their elite certification back in the days)

    Pardon the typo. Keys look different when you drink.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 4, 2008
  6. Dude

    RW Guest

    You have heard it corect, it is 3 week training with few lab exams and cost
    of $18,500

    Good luck

    RW
    MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, OCA, CCA, LCP, VCP

    RW, Jul 19, 2008
  7. Dude

    Joe in VA Guest

    You have to wonder if MS really thought this out. I would think someone
    with uber skills that would be a "master" cert candidate could make 5K a week
    doing high end consulting. So that person would be out of work three weeks
    AND have to pay 18K for the "training". Why would he or she bother? The
    real cost to them would be 33K+. Could they charge more and earn that back
    as a "Master"? How many employers are going to pay for that type of training
    and go without their uber engineer for three weeks?

    I like the idea of higher level certs but the path to get there needs to be
    though out a little better. Maybe break it up in one week, less expensive
    chunks?

    --
    Joe
    MCSE 2K/2003, MCITP:EA

    Joe in VA, Jul 24, 2008
  8. Dude

    Nanisha Guest

    Nanisha, Aug 4, 2008
  9. Joe you seem very nowledgeable in Information Technology. I took the A+ Cert
    course 3 yrs ago and I would like to furrther my career in IT. I know for it
    to return lucrative results I have to constantly chase Certifications, so
    what would be the next best step to take, MCSE?

    Gorilla Pimp on Socom too, Aug 14, 2008
  10. Dude

    KP Guest

    "Joe in VA" wrote:

    > You have to wonder if MS really thought this out. I would think someone
    > with uber skills that would be a "master" cert candidate could make 5K a week
    > doing high end consulting. So that person would be out of work three weeks
    > AND have to pay 18K for the "training". Why would he or she bother? The
    > real cost to them would be 33K+. Could they charge more and earn that back
    > as a "Master"? How many employers are going to pay for that type of training
    > and go without their uber engineer for three weeks?
    >
    > I like the idea of higher level certs but the path to get there needs to be
    > though out a little better. Maybe break it up in one week, less expensive
    > chunks?
    >

    > --
    > Joe
    > MCSE 2K/2003, MCITP:EA
    >

    > "RW" wrote:
    >
    > > You have heard it corect, it is 3 week training with few lab exams and cost
    > > of $18,500
    > >
    > > Good luck
    > >
    > > RW
    > > MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, OCA, CCA, LCP, VCP
    > >
    > > "Dude" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Oh, I get it. It's just a way for Microsoft to get A LOT more of my money.
    > > > I heard that it can cost up to $18k for this training. Ouch.

    You have to pay to play. I submitted my app earlier this week. I look
    forward to the new cert. I agree the price is steep. I also see the merit in
    having elite certs.

    KP MCSE nt,2k,2k3 MCITP (all) MCT etc
    KP, Sep 17, 2008