    per course?? Will reading the MCDST Exam 70-271 Training kit be enough?

    How many questions are on the 70-271? How long does the test normally last
    (average)?
    Niche, May 25, 2006

  2. Niche

    stmay Guest

    I guess it really depends on your work experience. I've been doing onsite
    desktop support on a daily basis for about 6 years. I just took the 271 test
    a month ago. I used the CBT Nuggets training videos and the Transcenders
    practice tests. I'll admit, I did learn some things about XP that I did not
    know, but for the most part it was a good refresher before taking the test.
    I studied for a couple of weeks and passed the test with a 916. It wasn't
    too bad, but I still did find a few sections a bit tricky. I think you get
    about 2 hours or so for the test, but I think I was only there for a little
    under an hour. Probably would have been faster if the computer I was using
    didn't take 45 seconds between questions. :)
    stmay, May 25, 2006

  3. Niche

    Syd Guest

    "Niche" <> wrote in message

    > My plan is to tackle the MCSA, then the MCSE. Being that I have not been
    > school in many years I felt it might be smarter for me to take on the
    > MCDST
    > first. The MCDSt seems to be the "beginners" course & test.

    Yes, it is

    >What do you guys
    > think? Is it really worth it to go to a school like Mindworks and pay
    > $1500
    > per course?? Will reading the MCDST Exam 70-271 Training kit be enough?

    No, the training kit it's not enough, it might be if you follow all the
    suggestions for "further reading" in the book (which are many)
    I think that any person of average QI, two month studying and good will can
    do it without problems on his own and saving money. There are a lot of
    resources (thanks god) on the net. Forums, tutorials, etc.

    The courses are too quick, concentrated, too fast paced and quite costly. If
    you really want to do it, if you are conscientious, do it yourself, you'll
    be fine.

    > How many questions are on the 70-271? How long does the test normally last
    > (average)?

    60-70 questions
    2,30 hours, it's more than enough, Microsoft has been generous with this
    one, unlike the MOS which was a rush in panic
    :)
    Syd, May 26, 2006
  4. Niche

    EXAM 70-272 Guest