  1. "Microsoft made it easy for us because they used their own proprietary
    crypto," Schroder said. "Xor is not a very proper way to secure data."

    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/26/open_source_wireless_sniffer/>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Murray Symon Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > "Microsoft made it easy for us because they used their own proprietary
    > crypto," Schroder said. "Xor is not a very proper way to secure data."
    >
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/26/open_source_wireless_sniffer/>

    XOR is not the problem, XOR is at the heart of many robust crypto schemes,
    it is not a weakness in itself. Reading the original news article linked
    to by your Register article (which is short of facts) I see that the real
    problem is that the key stream is generated directly from 5 bytes taken
    from from the device's MAC. So the key is not secret.

    Murray Symon, Mar 30, 2010

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2010