    join the same domain as the current PDC. Do I need to purchase
    additional CALs to support this setup OR can I can use the current 15
    CALs for all three Domain Controllers?

    Nyerere, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Nyerere

    bendsley

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    The 15 CALs is 15 CALs for any server in the domain. You just need one per user. Now, if you were to add another domain, then you would need more CALs.
    You would obviously need a server CAL for each of the two new Windows Server installs, but your user CALs remain the same.

    Also next time, make sure you post in the right section of the forums, as you posted in the Cisco area.

    bendsley, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Nyerere

    Martin Guest

    Nyerere skrev:
    > I have an existing MS Small Business Server (SBS) 2003 which is also
    > running Exchange 2003 server with 15 CALs (5 x 5 x 5). Currently I
    > have 12 users connecting to the server and I now I need to install two
    > more additional MS SBS Servers (WEB and FTP Servers) which will also
    > join the same domain as the current PDC. Do I need to purchase
    > additional CALs to support this setup OR can I can use the current 15
    > CALs for all three Domain Controllers?

    All SMB servers has to be running as DC. If not it will power off within
    30 min...

    A SMB server is sold with at least 5 CALs, witch gives you 25 cals for
    your setup.

    Best regards
    Martin

    Martin, Jun 23, 2007