Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains, Navision, Solomon

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by dylanok@gmail.com, Nov 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    by:
    http://www.infook.net/html/computers_and_internet/2006/1102/10899.html
    Microsoft Business Solutions products: Microsoft Great Plains,
    Navision, Solomon, Microsoft CRM, Microsoft RMS are now serving not
    only to small and mid-size, but also large clients, plus they maybe
    reasonably priced solution for the branch of multi-national
    corporation. This raises question of supporting Microsoft Business
    Solutions product installation remotely and internationally. We do not
    question local Microsoft partners service quality, the question maybe
    different local partners may not be authorized to sell and service
    specific MBS product, the example in France MBS promotes Navision, but
    there are multiple cases when branch of the US-based company in France
    needs users training and support for Microsoft Great Plains system.

    In this small article we are trying to give you the best system
    selection idea, depending on your country and business type.

    Microsoft has two major mid-market ERP packages: Microsoft Great Plains
    and Navision (Solomon is the one to consider for Project oriented
    company this would deserve dedicated publication).

    Microsoft Great Plains this application serves the markets, formerly
    targeted and gained by Great Plains Software (Great Plains
    Dynamics/eEnterprise or Great Plains Accounting), later on GPS was
    purchased by Microsoft. These markets are: USA, Canada, Spanish
    Speaking South and Central America (except Brazil), South Africa,
    Middle East, Australia, New Zealand and Oceania. If you are in these
    regions you should probably consider Microsoft Great Plains

    Navision we believe that Microsoft bought Navision Software Denmark
    based software development company few years ago in order to get
    European market share. However Navision Software itself had long
    history of penetration to US market. This is why we see Navision
    clients in both Europe and US. Now Microsoft seems to appreciate
    Navision accommodation to former European tax and language specifics
    and it promotes Navision on emerging markets: Russia, East Europe,
    Africa, Asia. In Brazil situation is more complex Microsoft have not
    decided yet and you can have either Navision or Great Plains (our
    subdivision Enterlogix.com.br is exclusive Great Plains reseller in
    Brazil). It is very delicate question for MBS - but what you can see -
    Great Plains version 8.0 has fewer number of languages support and at
    the same time Navision has more with new releases.

    Microsoft CRM Microsoft promotes its CRM worldwide and it is web based
    so it naturally automates your worldwide operations or serves you in
    your local country. Microsoft CRM has C# and VB.Net based SDK, BizTalk
    server based integration to Great Plains and Microsoft SQL Server
    database. Plus it deploys all the spectrum of Microsoft technologies:
    MS Exchange, Message Queuing, Active Directory.

    Solomon - this ERP application was formerly bought by Great Plains
    Software (before GPS was bought it its turn by Microsoft) - Solomon is
    very good fit for project-driven organization.

    Microsoft RMS you should probably stay with Navision Retail module if
    you are in the region where MBS promotes Navision. In all other places
    consider Microsoft Retail Management System: RMS Store Operations and
    POS. If you have multiple stores you may manage and control them via
    Microsoft RMS Headquarters. RMS has several integration options to
    Microsoft Great Plains.

    Remote Support Technology it gives you cheaper consulting rates,
    because consultant doesnt have to travel to you and can serve several
    remote clients per day. Microsoft VPN and Remote desktop solution is
    usually free for the client and in the case of sophisticated firewall
    Web Session could be another way to serve. We do voice training, based
    on Internet telephony solutions, such as Skype enable you free voice
    over the internet.

    Customization it is always better to avoid it however if you really
    need it, you should consider MBS customization partner who specializes
    in custom development and has experienced programmer. In such a case we
    do not recommend to stick to local programmers in our experience local
    markets may not provide enough clientele for local developers to
    specialize in your product customization. Also we do not recommend
    choosing generic offshore software developer. MBS products require
    dedication in their customizations and integrations.
    You can always have us help you internationally, give us a call:
    1-630-961-5918 or 1-866-528-0577,
    http://www.infook.net/html/computers_and_internet/2006/1102/10899.html

    , Nov 20, 2006