    promised to fix the problem and re-install the download site. For the
    critics of microsoft, I would remind you it is after all a beta
    program.

    subscriber, Aug 23, 2005

  2. subscriber

    S.Heenan Guest

    subscriber wrote:
    > Microsoft has shut down the web site for antispyware. A problem exists
    > where it removes internet explorer in several cases. They have
    > promised to fix the problem and re-install the download site. For the
    > critics of microsoft, I would remind you it is after all a beta
    > program.

    T'cha, you know what? Uh-uh.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    S.Heenan, Aug 23, 2005

  3. subscriber

    subscriber Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:06:45 -0500, "S.Heenan" <> wrote:

    >subscriber wrote:
    >> Microsoft has shut down the web site for antispyware. A problem exists
    >> where it removes internet explorer in several cases. They have
    >> promised to fix the problem and re-install the download site. For the
    >> critics of microsoft, I would remind you it is after all a beta
    >> program.

    > T'cha, you know what? Uh-uh.
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    a couple of hours ago it was down. Guess they got it fixed now.

    subscriber, Aug 23, 2005
  4. subscriber

    Vanguard Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx seems
    to still be up right now. But then "the web site" doesn't tell us what YOU
    meant as the web site.

    E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

    Vanguard, Aug 23, 2005
  5. subscriber

    Ron Martell Guest

    subscriber <> wrote:

    >Microsoft has shut down the web site for antispyware. A problem exists
    >where it removes internet explorer in several cases. They have
    >promised to fix the problem and re-install the download site. For the
    >critics of microsoft, I would remind you it is after all a beta
    >program.

    Bullshit.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Aug 23, 2005
  6. subscriber

    Pat Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:57:02 -0500, subscriber <>
    wrote:

    >Microsoft has shut down the web site for antispyware. A problem exists
    >where it removes internet explorer in several cases. They have
    >promised to fix the problem and re-install the download site. For the
    >critics of microsoft, I would remind you it is after all a beta
    >program.

    This seems like a good thing. Getting rid of IE is a real plus. Since it
    won't run on 98, I'll have to settle for using IEradicator.
    http://www.litepc.com/ieradicator.html

    --
    Pat

    Pat, Aug 25, 2005