    mostly high level threats and one severe. Is it ok just to remove them or as
    I do use a p2p program would there be one in there I need to keep?

    Many thanks from a not so bright on this subject kel

    Kel, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Kel

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    There is an option to Quarantine which will remove the selected malware and
    in the event it is actually needed it can be restored from Quarantine.

    --
    owldo@(trash)hotmail.com
    Take out the "(trash)" to reply

    owldo @ PAX, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Kel

    Punchy Joe Guest

    "owldo @ PAX" <owldo@(trash)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There is an option to Quarantine which will remove the selected malware
    > and
    > in the event it is actually needed it can be restored from Quarantine.

    But if I were you I would remove the offending programs anyway. Their are
    plenty of very good file-sharing programs with no spyware (Eg Winmx, EMule,
    Limewire)

    Punchy Joe, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Kel

    Kel Guest

    "Punchy Joe" <> wrote in message

    > "owldo @ PAX" <owldo@(trash)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> There is an option to Quarantine which will remove the selected malware
    >> and
    >> in the event it is actually needed it can be restored from Quarantine.

    > But if I were you I would remove the offending programs anyway. Their are
    > plenty of very good file-sharing programs with no spyware (Eg Winmx,
    > EMule, Limewire)

    Thanks for the advise, i removed them but found most of them came back
    today. I am using Winmx so that sounds like that shouldn't be a problem. Any
    suggestions why they came back? I am also having a problem with DSO Exploit
    as i have said in an other post.

    Thanks

    Kel, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Kel

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    If you are using Win XP and have System Restore active, the malware will
    keep propagating itself from there. You have to turn off System Restore
    remove the malware then turn System Restore back on. DOS Exploit is usually
    a defective code in the OS that a lot of virus and spyware programs see as a
    threat. It is usually harmless and there are fixes for it. One such fix and
    more info on DOS Exploit is at link below.
    http://www.nsclean.com/dsostop.html

    --

    Take out the "(trash)" to reply

    owldo @ PAX, Mar 3, 2005