    comments about people going to Australia and raising the average IQ's
    of both countries. Only in this case it will lower the average IQ's
    of both companies.
    peterwn, Jul 30, 2009

  2. peterwn

    Enkidu Guest

    peterwn wrote:

    > This tie-up reminds me of Tom Scott's (repeated by Rob Muldoon)
    > comments about people going to Australia and raising the average IQ's
    > of both countries. Only in this case it will lower the average IQ's
    > of both companies.

    The original comment was much more derogatory to Australians as it
    referred to shipping *horses* to Australia.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 30, 2009

  3. peterwn

    Enkidu Guest

    peterwn wrote:

    > This tie-up reminds me of Tom Scott's (repeated by Rob Muldoon)
    > comments about people going to Australia and raising the average IQ's
    > of both countries. Only in this case it will lower the average IQ's
    > of both companies.

    However, neither Tom nor Rob not the horse breeder I mentioned may have
    originated the comment, it appears:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Rogers_phenomenon

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 30, 2009
  4. peterwn

    Geopelia Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    > This tie-up reminds me of Tom Scott's (repeated by Rob Muldoon)
    > comments about people going to Australia and raising the average IQ's
    > of both countries. Only in this case it will lower the average IQ's
    > of both companies.

    xtra is now involved with Yahoo. How will this new arrangement affect xtra
    customers?
    Geopelia, Jul 30, 2009
  5. In message <h4s4lt$eev$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    > xtra is now involved with Yahoo. How will this new arrangement affect xtra
    > customers?

    At best, it will make no difference to you
    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=2286>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 31, 2009
  6. peterwn

    Matty F Guest

    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=272913
    Matty F, Jul 31, 2009
  7. peterwn

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <h4s4lt$eev$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> xtra is now involved with Yahoo. How will this new arrangement affect
    >> xtra
    >> customers?

    > At best, it will make no difference to you
    > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=2286>.

    That's good.
    Thank you. I've saved that website.
    Geopelia, Aug 1, 2009