Microsoft Admits WGA Phones Home

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutley, Jun 10, 2006.

  1. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Mutley, Jun 10, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    VEcom says...
    > FYI,
    >
    > Microsoft acknowledged reports Wednesday that its latest update to
    > Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), an anti-piracy program implemented to
    > detect counterfeit copies of Windows XP, phones home to the Redmond
    > company on a daily basis.
    >
    > http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Admits_WGA_Phones_Home/1149798507

    They just don't learn, do they? I will certainly not upgrade to the next MS
    operating system if they ship that kind of crap built in. Already I am no
    longer using MediaPlayer because of similar behaviour (overriding my policies
    without asking, phoning home without asking ...).

    "All your computer is belong to US" --- FOAD

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jun 10, 2006