    PocketPC. At first glance, Microsoft ActiveSync is NOT compatible with x64 in
    it's present version (3.8 from what I see). Am I incorrect?

    TIA.
    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Jul 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Check with Andre, but I think theres a 4.0 available. Not sure if it's a
    beta or what. Do a search on Andre's posts, or wait for him to catch up
    with us here...

    M. Murcek, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Based on Carlos experience, Active Sync 4.0 does not seem to support network
    or wifi syncing. You might need to purchase a BlueTooth USB adapter in order
    to gain wireless connectivity.

    Kevin Frei 9msft wrote:
    3.8 works _almost_ completely. You can't explore the device with 3.8. 4.0
    supports exploring the device, but IIRC, it's still in beta.

    Kevin Frei [msft]
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freik
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    wewa Guest

    Yes, I originaly could not get 3.8 to load also.

    But i did get 4.0 as suggested here awhile back, and its working.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/downloads/default.aspx

    wewa, Jul 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    Westy Guest

    I could not get 3.8 to load on W2K3 x64. The install would extract the files
    and then setup.exe would not do anything else. I could see that setup had
    started in Task Manager and it had spawned another process called
    is_start.exe (from memory).

    I installed the 4.0 beta and everything works that I need. I dont sync via
    WiFi or Bluethooh (just a USB cable) to my SmartPhone.

    It happily syncs to both Outlook 2003 on my desktop and Exchange 2003 via
    server sync. I can browse the device via Windows Explorer (x86 version) and
    Media Player 10 can see the device and I can copy music to it.

    I'm happy with the level of support in ActiveSync 4.0 for me.

    Download from:

    Westy, Jul 26, 2005