Microsoft Abandoning Dimdows?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 26, 2009.

  1. In message <>, whoisthis wrote:

    > In article <gvevoh$mio$>, victor <> wrote:
    >
    >> There appear to be quite a few variations of Windows most of which have
    >> died through lack of support, and about 14 Mac variations most of which
    >> have died through lack of support

    > well if we are going to be THAT pedantic then I guess we should go
    > through all the Kernels that have been abandoned by linux too.

    Let's see:

    Microsoft Windows for Pen -- abandoned.

    Windows NT for PowerPC -- stillborn.

    Windows NT for Alpha -- abandoned.

    Windows Server for Itanium -- not looking very healthy.

    Apple-Bandai Pippin -- abandoned.

    Apple Yellow Box -- abandoned.

    Apple Copland -- never made it to the starting gate.

    Apple-IBM Taligent -- died.

    Now, which Linux versions did you have in mind, again?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 26, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    greg Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, whoisthis wrote:
    >
    >> In article <gvevoh$mio$>, victor <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> There appear to be quite a few variations of Windows most of which have
    >>> died through lack of support, and about 14 Mac variations most of which
    >>> have died through lack of support

    >> well if we are going to be THAT pedantic then I guess we should go
    >> through all the Kernels that have been abandoned by linux too.

    > Let's see:
    >
    > Microsoft Windows for Pen -- abandoned.
    >
    > Windows NT for PowerPC -- stillborn.
    >
    > Windows NT for Alpha -- abandoned.
    >
    > Windows Server for Itanium -- not looking very healthy.
    >
    > Apple-Bandai Pippin -- abandoned.
    >
    > Apple Yellow Box -- abandoned.
    >
    > Apple Copland -- never made it to the starting gate.
    >
    > Apple-IBM Taligent -- died.
    >
    > Now, which Linux versions did you have in mind, again?

    no one gives a toss any more on anything you have to say, give it up lamer
    greg, May 26, 2009