    there any way for me to pull this off the CD rom disk so I do not have to
    fully install XP again.

    Thanks,

    Neal, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Neal

    Fat Bastard Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Well Microsoft lost my order for the XP 64bit upgrade. Now my problem is
    > that I no longer have XP 32bit on my computer and they need my COA. Is
    > there any way for me to pull this off the CD rom disk so I do not have to
    > fully install XP again.
    >
    > Thanks,

    TAP at its best!

    Fat Bastard, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Neal

    Rick Guest

    The COA is the xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx number that is on the label. The one
    that is on the computer after installation is the Product ID (PID).

    If you have your label, you have the COA at hand.

    Rick, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Neal wrote:
    > Well Microsoft lost my order for the XP 64bit upgrade. Now my problem is
    > that I no longer have XP 32bit on my computer and they need my COA. Is
    > there any way for me to pull this off the CD rom disk so I do not have to
    > fully install XP again.
    >
    > Thanks,

    The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
    installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
    that says "Do not lose this number." It is not on the installation CD
    in any way, shape, or form. If it was an OEM (factory installed)
    license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer affixed to
    the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

    To recover a lost Product Key:

    If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
    Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
    Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
    haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
    of the drive image used at the factory and not your specific Product
    Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
    be -- used for a re-installation.)

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
    manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
    the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy
    a new license.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Thanks, I messed up I need the PID not the COA. It looks like they are
    asking for both on the fax form. Is there a way to pull this up with out
    installing?

    Thanks

    Neal, Aug 14, 2005
  6. Neal

    Rick Guest

    You should only need one, either the COA or the PID. That's the method
    that was used on-line and the web page for that had both boxes too.

    Rick, Aug 14, 2005
  7. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Thanks