    N e v s Guest

    When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
    to not hear it myself.

    N e v s, Oct 27, 2003

  2. N e v s

    Ralph Mann Guest

    N e v s said:

    > When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
    > to not hear it myself.

    In the same way as when you speak to someone you plug your ears so that you
    can't tell whether you are shouting or not?

    Ralph Mann, Oct 27, 2003

  3. N e v s

    BW Guest

    I suggest you speak quietly. hehe

    BW, Oct 27, 2003
  4. N e v s

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:bnioba$11um3i$-berlin.de,
    N e v s <> typed:
    > When in windows I hear my mic through my pc speakers. I want my mic
    > on but to not hear it myself.

    Yeah, that sucks, don't it? ;o)
    So, move the mic further away and pointed away from speakers, lower the
    volume.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 27, 2003
  5. N e v s

    DanOne Guest

    "N e v s" <> wrote in
    message
    erlin.de...
    | When in windows I hear my mic through
    my pc speakers. I want my mic on but
    | to not hear it myself.

    Double click the sound icon in the
    system tray, tck the checkbox "mute"
    under microphone.

    DanOne, Oct 27, 2003
  6. N e v s

    BW Guest

    hummm... good suggestion...
    why don't you just ask him to throw his microphone away. hehe.

    BW, Oct 27, 2003
  7. N e v s

    DanOne Guest

    "BW" <> wrote in
    message
    | hummm... good suggestion...
    | why don't you just ask him to throw
    his microphone away. hehe.

    Actually, muting the mic will not
    disable it in applications, but merely
    prevents the sound coming from the
    speakers. One can keep using the mic for
    netmeeting etc.

    DanOne, Oct 27, 2003
  8. N e v s

    leftnutrzr Guest

    "BW" <> wrote in message
    > hummm... good suggestion...
    > why don't you just ask him to throw his microphone away. hehe.

    cause the following post is for output only ... you have to hit file>
    properties then click recording | ok
    to get to mute the mic on the recording side

    leftnutrzr, Oct 27, 2003