    eCk
    eCkZ's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1276
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=181907195
    eCkZ, May 15, 2005

  2. eCkZ

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "eCkZ" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I am having a problem with my Labtec microphone/headset. I plugged both
    > wires in the correct jacks and I can hear sound with the headset, but
    > cannot record any sound with the mic. I downloaded the latest driver
    > for my audio, but in the "sound and audio devides" it doesn't detect
    > that I have a microphone. I have tried everything I can think of and
    > it still won't work.

    Do you have a little speaker icon in the task bar - the volume control?
    Double-click on it. It will bring up the full volume control applet. Click
    Options / Properties / Recording. Make sure the mic is selected. Then click
    okay. The "Volume Control" applet is now the "Recording Control". So now
    push the button in front of "Select" and turn up the slider for the mic.
    Close the Recording Control Applet. See if that helps...
    Toolman Tim, May 15, 2005

  3. eCkZ

    Stevo Guest

    eCkZ wrote:
    > I am having a problem with my Labtec microphone/headset. I plugged
    > both wires in the correct jacks and I can hear sound with the
    > headset, but cannot record any sound with the mic. I downloaded the
    > latest driver for my audio, but in the "sound and audio devides" it
    > doesn't detect that I have a microphone. I have tried everything I
    > can think of and it still won't work.
    >
    > HELP PLEASE
    > thank you

    Depending on which model headset you have, you may find a
    'High/Low/Mute' control switch on the cord or headset somewhere..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, May 15, 2005
  4. eCkZ

    steathfox

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    headset/microphone problems

    I recently purchased a new mic made by Cyber Acoustics. I went through every setting I could find and turned them all up, making sure they weren't muted. I have triple checked the plug-ins about 100 times making sure they are fully inserted. I believe that I have everything set to using the microphone. Also, I had an old one that was built by this company that ran through a usb port, the new one has the two ports using the lime and pink color coordination, and it worked fine. Unfortunately I find myself having troubles getting the microphone part of it to work. I have researched through many other reviews and found that the mic is actually built into the earphones and if you plug in the lime coordinated plug-in to the microphone outline I can talk. Although this doesn't solve my problem when I am playing games because I need the earphones to listen to the surroundings. I was hoping you could inform me if my sound card isn't able to handle the headset, it probably should considering it is a cheap microphone. Or, maybe there is some setting that I am missing.

    Please save me the trouble of replacing it.
    steathfox, Jun 18, 2007